Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 pm
Congrats to Quickstrike on that last round.

Lets Get these going again.

Got a little Ahmad Jamal for y'all.
http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/OCYteQ5i/file.html

Do what you can.

Beat needs to be uploaded to this thread by the 15th
By saltmcgault Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 pm
pk1 wrote:Congrats to Quickstrike on that last round.

Lets Get these going again.

Got a little Ahmad Jamal for y'all.
http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/OCYteQ5i/file.html

Do what you can.

Beat needs to be uploaded to this thread by the 15th

Congrats STRIKE on the beat battle victory! I'm not able to use the link on my computer or phone. anybody else have troubles with it? what's the name of the track from Ahmad Jamal?
By saltmcgault Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:10 am
Wal Martian wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:what's the name of the track from Ahmad Jamal?

Link says 04. Gloria.mp3

i got it now i guess my network at work don’t like zippyshare and my phone is trash without wifi. lol it works now. thanks! :)
By pk1 Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:57 pm
I'm going to start using Dropbox again. That zippy has been fine for a while but its been giving me a hard time when trying to download sometimes
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:49 pm
Congrats on the win Quickstrike :smoker:

Looking forward to seeing what I can up with and hopefully flip in this round :smoker:
By Keith's Lard Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:14 pm
Congrats. Will i be ok uploading a beat to youtube? as i can't upload shit to the SC app on this tablet :WTF:
By pk1 Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 am
Ya I don't care man. As long as I can repost em for the vote. And utube is one you can.
By pk1 Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:15 pm
Quickstrike2.0 wrote:Made this track with the mpc X

Nice when did you scoop the X? How you diggin it? I'm gonna have to settle with upgrading the REN to 2.0 for now. But the x is in my scope, gotta wait to pull the trigger on that till after kids are taking care of during holidays. What key features are you glad to have with the X over your REN?
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:52 pm
I just extracted a Bass Line out of the sample and took a couple of chords, and built the beat around it. Used the MPC Touch for this quick beat.

By QuickStrike Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:06 am
pk1 wrote:
Quickstrike2.0 wrote:Made this track with the mpc X

Nice when did you scoop the X? How you diggin it? I'm gonna have to settle with upgrading the REN to 2.0 for now. But the x is in my scope, gotta wait to pull the trigger on that till after kids are taking care of during holidays. What key features are you glad to have with the X over your REN?

I had the mpc-x since October

It's a ok machine. I'm getting a bit better with it. Not to far off from the ren. It just not efficient as of yet (software wise). There's things that make you slow down and go in to deep thought about how to loop hole your way around the shortcomings instead of just flowing.
The X is a bit foreign to the original MPC work flow in a certain weird way. I really had to try my best not to use the Renaissance because I'm so familiar with it. It's so easy for me to make tracks on the ren extremely fast. I worked on this beat with the X for 4 hours (that's a long time for me).

Thing I love about the X is I can turn it on and straight away get to work. If and when they do every optimize the hardware software just right, its going to be game over (game changer) for other companies.

If I was anybody else I would just get the ren and wait for the price to drop on the X lol because it's going to happen!

Oh yeah thanks everyone for the props on the Battle Victory.
Iron sharpens iron competition makes for better beat makers :smoker: