Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By MPC-Tutor Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:51 pm
eightball wrote:this sounds good, do we have to have our own soundcloud account thing to be able to upload tunes or whats the deal...i've never used soundcloud you see.

Not sure what the exact rules are with soundcloud, but I do think you need to be a member of the mpc-forums group in order to upload to that specific group. Free to join though, just an email activation required.
By b.read Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:53 pm
Yep...in order to upload a song to soundcloud in general, you need an account there. Easy to set up and worthwhile though. Haven't joined any groups yet, but I think Tutor's right- we'll need to be a part of the mpc-forum SC group to post there as well.
By es-k Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:28 am
kwazi wrote:So, I'm assuming that voting will not be anonymous - as in artist names will be public? It's possible but, I don't know if the best beat will be chosen. It could just be a popularity contest, no?

that doesn't seem to happen on the stones throw site, for example.. its pretty similar and there's usually a different winner every week
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:53 am
kwazi wrote:So, I'm assuming that voting will not be anonymous - as in artist names will be public? It's possible but, I don't know if the best beat will be chosen. It could just be a popularity contest, no?

I'll be keeping an eye on stuff like that, there's no way I'd let that happen - if it does, we'll look at changing stuff.

As es-k says, the Stonesthrow site doesn't seem to have any problems, that's been going for over 5 years now.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:39 pm
2 minutes is the default, each battle can override this within reason. I'd like to keep it to 2 minutes though, as currently we're using the 'free' soundcloud account, so that allows us to initially host 60 2 minute tracks at a time, so hopefully a few battles worth before we make the decision to pay for more space, or consider other options.
By Tha_Skywalker Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 am

I wouldn't worry to much about that.

MPC-Tutor wrote:'free' soundcloud account, so that allows us to initially host 60 2 minute tracks at a time, so hopefully a few battles worth before we make the decision to pay for more space, or consider other options.

But since we are not uploading it directly to the group Soundcloud account, I don't believe its a problem. The uploader uploads it to their own sound cloud account and shares it to the mpc battle group account. ( I still think we should keep it maximum of 2minutes though)
By kwazi Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:46 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:

I'll be keeping an eye on stuff like that, there's no way I'd let that happen - if it does, we'll look at changing stuff.

As es-k says, the Stonesthrow site doesn't seem to have any problems, that's been going for over 5 years now.

Cool.