Usual rules apply...
* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.Posting rules
To submit your entry, please:
1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#8. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button
We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.
* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.Production rules
These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.
* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples/synths ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowedBattle Timetable
Deadline for entries is May 29th at 6PM EST.
Voting Ends/winner announced:June 1st 6pm EST.
...except this battle is slightly different, in an effort to discourage piracy im only gonna provide you with links to the source material and you will have to obtain it by your own means.
Id incourage purchasing the song...
...but realise participants may be reluctant to part with the 89p / 99c or dont have itunes/amazon so you can find the video below and use a site like
for the record I have no affiliation with the unthanks and am not trying to scam here just trying to support the artist(s) that provide the inspiration