Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By peeping tom Fri May 25, 2012 4:03 am
"For me thats the greatest reward of owning a MPC, being able to create an entire piece of music without the hassle of powering up your pc or even owning one for that matter."

By inflict3 Sat May 26, 2012 1:41 am
peeping tom wrote:"For me thats the greatest reward of owning a MPC, being able to create an entire piece of music without the hassle of powering up your pc or even owning one for that matter."

hahahha!!! nice!! i love it!!
By Bipola Sun May 27, 2012 4:05 pm
Never entered a beat battle on here before but definitely interested in this, I finally got the hang of my 2500 the other day and am really looking forward to flipping that sample. I know a dope track that samples the King Crimson original but I didn't know what the sample was till I heard this cover version just now haha. Doubt I'll come close to winning but should be fun.

If I can get it done before the deadline will definitely give it a go :mrgreen:
By Tee Sun May 27, 2012 8:36 pm
I like this sample!

I joined the first 3 and missed the last 4 battles.
Since, I've had some rough times and alot to deal with.
I'd lie if i said I have'nt had time to make beats but it's really more like I have'nt had any opportunity or "zen" to block out all the bullsh't that life brings and really connect with my MP.

I know what you all are thinking: "-But duuuude, banging the MP is THE best way to forget all the bullsh't"
I agree. Usually it is, but this time I have to say the bullsh't is closer to my heart than the MP.

Anyway, I downloaded the sample and I think I will join this one 8)
By szr Sun May 27, 2012 10:15 pm
I think all of us experience something along those lines with music, the thing is sometimes when you feel too f*cked off/depressed to make music.. if you push youself really hard, the music that comes out is pure therapy.. (Even if not for other listeners.. which is besides the point.)
Craft you own slices of therapy man, filter out all the f*cking shit in the world.

I do know how it feels to be TOO down to go near music though.. you might find jamming on a synth/other instrument without trying to make any finished songs is the ticket in those cases.. Or talking to friends about it,
By peeping tom Mon May 28, 2012 12:54 am
Bipola wrote:Never entered a beat battle on here before but definitely interested in this, I finally got the hang of my 2500 the other day and am really looking forward to flipping that sample. I know a dope track that samples the King Crimson original but I didn't know what the sample was till I heard this cover version just now haha. Doubt I'll come close to winning but should be fun.

If I can get it done before the deadline will definitely give it a go :mrgreen:

Howdy brah :P
By CHOPFYT Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 am
looks like we have some late entries :D

thanks for joining the battle fellas.

yeah tee use this as some sort of escape if you can.

nightreveller im not sure ive heard much st vincent, ill have to check em out if they are similar

gonna do mine tonight (just in time) anyone still not done remember the deadline is 2MORO evening