Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Please choose (1) favorite

5%
5%
N/A
16%
N/A
26%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
5%
11%
11%
5%
16%
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:40 am
Added Poll (KappNeffect)

LINK:

https://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forum ... at-battles

----------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the sample link.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k4raq ... g/BB51.zip

Only outside bass is allowed,
No outside anything else.

Deadline:
Jan 7th 2014

Good luck guys.
Last edited by KappNeffect on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added Poll
By Itskurisu Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:06 pm
The sample is from a french Jazz group in the 70's by the name of Cortex. This song is from their first album that was released in 1975 titled "Troupeau". This group is perhaps one of my favorite jazz groups of all time. You might recognize the vocalist for she was sampled by MF DOOM/Madlib for the MMFood record titled One Beer.

I wanted to make this battle a little bit more challenging by not allowing to use your usual drums, so I provided everything.

4 different Drum Breaks and Two Bass lines (in case you needed them)

Cant wait to hear what you guys make.

LET THE BATTLES BEGIN!
By pk1 Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:01 am
You dont have to have an mpc to submit. And yes you can mix and master as much as you want.

Mamy kats use other gear to make there battle beats here. Pretty open minded community.
By Fruitnveg Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:01 pm
I think I asked this on a previous beat battle but are we allowed to lay down scratches? I always like to add a few cuts to finish off a beat.

Thanks!
By KappNeffect Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:08 pm
Fruitnveg wrote:I think I asked this on a previous beat battle but are we allowed to lay down scratches? I always like to add a few cuts to finish off a beat.

Thanks!

Scratch the sample in some fashion I suppose, but like vocals from outside the song...nah. Not with these rules at least.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 pm
Fruitnveg wrote:I think I asked this on a previous beat battle but are we allowed to lay down scratches? I always like to add a few cuts to finish off a beat.

Thanks!

Considering production isn't even a hiphop element, I don't see why scratches can't be allowed, being one of the main elements, scratch away :nod:
By kneebone77 Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 pm
I'm Up for the challange.

I hope HEAVY sample layering/manipulation is allowed.

:popcorn:
By kneebone77 Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 pm
Fx okay?
By Itskurisu Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:26 am
Scratches are allowed, fx are good, Sample layering and manipulation is good, I just dont want the whole beat to be like a remix small vocal acapellas are fine. Cant wait to hear the submissions :popcorn:
Last edited by Itskurisu on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By saadyah tz▾i Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:59 am
for real i just made my beat according to the rules now their changed and not as limited. wack

anyway

peace
By kneebone77 Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:33 am
I meant layering of the supplied elements of course. Still no outside samples... :wink:

And too MightyFitz & Saadyah, way to set it off guys. 8)
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:33 am
Guys this is looking like it's turning into rocket science, no rule changes, Cuts have always been allowed, I just wrote the rules down a bit to simplistic, but also hope people can use their own initiative, and not need every little detail written and described, that flippin left brain and the literal perception I totally get, but my god does it do my nut, unless the rules clearly state whether you can or can't, should really be enough, and if it's english being your 2nd language then totally fair enough, it's a stupid language, where one word can mean 2 things, like un-lockable, it means you can unlock it, but also means you can't, so it's no wonder we have communication probelms. PEACE !!!