Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Borat Tue May 06, 2014 10:02 am
bliprock wrote:Borat has got it, but failed to start on the snare.

I wasn't sure that i understood this snare rule correctly, but i've tried to do it in my track(not all the time but for example when the drums come in, it starts on the snare)
By bliprock Tue May 06, 2014 10:22 am
KappNeffect wrote:for the hell of it I doubled to 160ish and it sounded like chaos. :vomit:
eh... oh well. lol.
I would just shorten the amp envelopes so it's short tight samples. That is what I do. If you can do hiphop (and you can Kapp) you can do drum and bass. And there are so many types of EDM so you just made a new one maybe. Or even better, resample tracks and chop em, bit crush, time stretch and pitch shift em then you get glitch core. I dig your entries usually so have faith in ya. :worthy: and 160 is slow for drum and bass to but just clean it up, or dirty it up, and your done.
I read the rule about starting on the snare means start on the two or four beat, which is half a drum roll in to make it easy and not just start with a snare sound. So means you have to do a turn around or breakdown to go back onto the one, two, three four. least that is how i read the rule.
By pk1 Tue May 06, 2014 11:01 pm
:Sigh:

:lol: :lol:

is it that hard? nobody can do a house track? i think this shit is the easiest to do. its why i don't like the music its a kick every beat with a high hat for swing the music is boring and so many people love it. but most of the beat miners on here can't do a average 120 bpm 4 to the floor? come on you guys this shit should be a fukin breeze.

tell you what.. I'm going to get druck as shit on some bomb "21st amendment- Brew free or die IPA. smoke fat hash oil, and vape like there is no tomorrow. and drop you Kats a little jingle. to show i can drop little divercity, even shit canned. id hope to see saadyah and perin & tonic get down this week.

:mrgreen:
By jimmie Fri May 09, 2014 3:53 am
House beat.

No outside sounds.
By bliprock Fri May 09, 2014 11:25 am
I didn't bother mastering it as I am not yet use to my new set up and still listening to how it sounds. And i found out that my interface does not do a high bit rate in SPDIF mode so I'm on ebay looking at intefaces now. mpc-forums.com beat battles are costing me heaps. I didn't give myself enough time and did this in a day. Pretty much wrote every part in one pass each and then arranged it and mixed it down to this drum and bass remix. Its more remix i guess than usual chop, though I did do chops to. I should give myself more time. I guess I am not counting the day of listening to it to though before I do anything at all.
By HUNGRYMAN Fri May 09, 2014 5:14 pm
Trying to finish up. Hope I make the deadline. It's at 2pm my time and I have all afternoon today to jam. :WTF:
By midi Fri May 09, 2014 9:34 pm
sorry about the rushed end part

also had to create a new soundcloud account,password aint workin