Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:48 pm
Congrats bearhead!

This weeks samples and rules

*Note - you will need to right click on this link and save to comp or right click download link.

samples:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/655 ... 20Time.MP3

Rules:
outside drums and synths are allowed.

No bass, vocal samples, acapella, or outside sampling.

Submit your tracks by Friday.
By JamesJeffery Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 pm
Right click on the link and press "Save As". Or, go to the page it plays, then go to "File > Save Page" and it will save as the audio file.
By JamesJeffery Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:21 pm
Please remove the no bass rule :( I love to back my samples with bass in all of my productions. A synth can be a bass anyway, and you allowed synths :p
By pk1 Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:23 pm
JamesJeffery wrote:Please remove the no bass rule :( I love to back my samples with bass in all of my productions. A synth can be a bass anyway, and you allowed synths :p

rules are there.

work with what you can or can't.
By marrelarre Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:30 pm
pk1 wrote:
JamesJeffery wrote:Please remove the no bass rule :( I love to back my samples with bass in all of my productions. A synth can be a bass anyway, and you allowed synths :p

rules are there.

work with what you can or can't.

Yeah im with you, rules are rules, if we keep changing them to please everyone It takes the fun out of having them in the first place.

Some people (like me who loves the bass part) perhaps wont prefer them, but it forces creativity from the rest.

lookin forward to see whats comin :smoker:
By bojangles Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:12 pm
Can we use the bass that's already in the sample or do you mean none whatsoever? I'm fine either way just wanna be crystal clear.
By bearhead Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:49 pm
bojangles wrote:Can we use the bass that's already in the sample or do you mean none whatsoever? I'm fine either way just wanna be crystal clear.

Of course you can resample from what's already in the song.

Just no outside bass.

Also, for those having trouble downloading the sample, just right click "save video as" and it will download.
By pk1 Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:29 pm
bojangles wrote:Can we use the bass that's already in the sample or do you mean none whatsoever? I'm fine either way just wanna be crystal clear.

you gonna get down this time bo?
By bojangles Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:42 pm
Yessir!!!!
By MA Beats Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:48 pm
Dope samples once again!! heres my flip! Outside kick, hats, synth (end part) and Vocal cuts! (sry...had to add them, was feelin the beat ;))

By mike-a-veli Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:19 pm
saadyah tz▾i wrote:Here's what I did.. Microwave flip on the iPad..

https://soundcloud.com/saadyahtzvi/gene ... e-mpcbb-67
I have to go pick up the 2000xl from Jerusalem which is 3 hours away
Don't know when I can get out there, but I will
Also got a maschine mk2 I copped on eBay on the way :-D

Yo saadyah,

what app(s) do you use on your ipad for making your recent beats?
Amazed by the Quality of your flips.