Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:26 pm
Congrats EDMilli

He Presents these weapons for battle:
http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/35921433/file.html
http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/22605089/file.html

And Rules:
2 min max
Must use the two songs provided
Must have structure ie intro, verse, hook, outro
just keep it interesting!
no outside drums or samples
synths and bass allowed
vocal scratches allowed (no full acapella)

This extra bit is also a must
sample either a radio/news/weather presenter/host saying something from your local area and put it in the mix.

Thats it.. happy chopping
By pk1 Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:44 pm
dope samples. not much for drums though with in those samples. more like no kik. good thing you allowed synths! :mrgreen:
By Ed Milligram Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:53 pm
:-D

Thanks guys, didnt think Id win or I would have prepared to post something with better quality, apologies for the mp3.

I was waiting for somebody to mention drums :twisted: .. as Pk1 stated, part of the challenge will be making your own kick with the samples provided. :mrgreen:
if you read between the lines He has already given you an alternative to make it work... Heres a another quick tip from this forum..
layer a synth with a kick chop, assign it to a pad add Eq, apply a low pass filter hit that shit till it knocks!

:popcorn:
By pk1 Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:21 pm
Indeed :wink:
By MA Beats Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:57 pm
Congrats man! dope sound.....here's mine:

All sounds are from provided samples except for Bass, danish radio podcast and acappella.

By primeXample Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:23 pm
This is longer than 2 minutes and has an acapella... You might want to read the rules again so you are not DQed. Just a heads up.
Kzee Beatz wrote:Congrats man! dope sound.....here's mine:

All sounds are from provided samples except for Bass, danish radio podcast and acappella.

By bliprock Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:25 am
interesting rules this one. missed last one so back with a vengeance :-D
By Bamma! Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:28 pm
I liked these samples. This was some what frustrating because the drums are hot, but its hard to get at them. My drums ended up being minimal as a result. I'd like to know the artist and song title for these if anyone knows. I always like to give credit upfront. Its smoother than my other tracks because I kept the beat the same and didn't go uptempo, but I still have problems blending sequences. I'm using Akai OS and many of the pads are broken. I plan to replace them soon, but it may be a factor in why I can't seem to time anything properly.

https://soundcloud.com/bamma-2/bb71-captain
By primeXample Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:42 pm
Bamma! wrote:I liked these samples. This was some what frustrating because the drums are hot, but its hard to get at them. My drums ended up being minimal as a result. I'd like to know the artist and song title for these if anyone knows. I always like to give credit upfront. Its smoother than my other tracks because I kept the beat the same and didn't go uptempo, but I still have problems blending sequences. I'm using Akai OS and many of the pads are broken. I plan to replace them soon, but it may be a factor in why I can't seem to time anything properly.

https://soundcloud.com/bamma-2/bb71-captain

Arthur Verocai - Caboclo
Shelly & La Nueva Generacion - I´m A Poor Girl
By MA Beats Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:29 pm
primeXample wrote:This is longer than 2 minutes and has an acapella... You might want to read the rules again so you are not DQed.
Kzee Beatz wrote:

fixed...
By peeping tom Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:32 am
if synths are ok, technically, is a synthesised drum sound ok? like squeezing some sounds out of a korg monotron?
By Bamma! Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:13 am
peeping tom wrote:if synths are ok, technically, is a synthesised drum sound ok? like squeezing some sounds out of a korg monotron?

I PMed the same thing to Ivoryviking, an analog drum machine, or analog modeling drum machine is a synth. As well as percussive sounds made by any other synth. A 707 isn't, because it just plays back samples, but an MFB-522, or an 808, is a synth. So if you OWN one. you could use it, however my "808 kit" on my MPC 1000 isn't ok, because those are just samples of an 808.
By peeping tom Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:38 am
word. cheers yo.

that first sample is dope as
By Bamma! Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:47 am
I agree. that sample is dope. Drums are hot. Vocals are on point as well.