Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:46 pm
Congrats Prime!

Subject: Re: battle 71 Vote

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/30126255/file.html
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/51253515/file.html

Rules

Must use both samples in some way.
Outside drums ok.
Outside bass ok.
Scratches, vocal cuts, and drops ok.
No outside synth.
NO ACAPELLA.
2 minute time limit.
By primeXample Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:50 pm
Yo thanks for the votes guys. This was my first time submitting to these battles and I will be honest, I did not expect to win. So many talented producers here, I prob would not have if everyone submitted. But either way.... Thanks!
By pk1 Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:08 pm
Humbly said. Well deserved. The sample was really nice. I have a little something just didn't have time last week to get it done. Going to get down this week for sure
By Bamma! Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:38 pm
I feel the need to get clarification again because the wording can be tricky. It says outside bass and drums are ok, so are drum and bass synthesizers ok? Or just samples?
By primeXample Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:56 pm
Bamma! wrote:I feel the need to get clarification again because the wording can be tricky. It says outside bass and drums are ok, so are drum and bass synthesizers ok? Or just samples?

I apologize for not being more clear. Any drums are ok but no synths. I sent this message to vik to edit the rules.
By pk1 Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:11 am
rules are clear. they look like the rules that are used every week.....

you are just looking to hard at the rules. as obi once said. look at the "rules" as just guidelines. if you made a drum sound from fart noises or a sine its just a percussion sound used how you want. nobody would care. unless they really liked it and wanted to replicate. when we have rules like no synths it generally means no synth. no synth in the means of like an 80's keyboard. if you used kontakt to put some keys or horns on it that would be accepted.

i would call these loose rules. cause we could be in here debating whether or not contact is a synth or not. if these rules where strict they would be no outside sounds other then drum and bass. i would look at primes rules like: i can do what i want with this battle accept make an annoying remix. or use a true synth.

def:"Synthesizers generate electric signals (waveforms), and can finally be converted to sound"

bang away, have fun and try to make a track you love.

:twisted: And hope its better then mine! :evil:
By pk1 Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:20 am
that would be a stank mic after that recording session.. :)
By pk1 Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:00 pm
Yo. Saadyah the new impc pro just dropped today. If you haven't got your Maschine yet and still on ipad you should grab this up. It's looking pretty dope.
By pk1 Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:32 am
get it! :nod:
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm
pk1 wrote:rules are clear. they look like the rules that are used every week.....

you are just looking to hard at the rules. as obi once said. look at the "rules" as just guidelines. if you made a drum sound from fart noises or a sine its just a percussion sound used how you want. nobody would care. unless they really liked it and wanted to replicate. when we have rules like no synths it generally means no synth. no synth in the means of like an 80's keyboard. if you used kontakt to put some keys or horns on it that would be accepted.

i would call these loose rules. cause we could be in here debating whether or not contact is a synth or not. if these rules where strict they would be no outside sounds other then drum and bass. i would look at primes rules like: i can do what i want with this battle accept make an annoying remix. or use a true synth.

def:"Synthesizers generate electric signals (waveforms), and can finally be converted to sound"

bang away, have fun and try to make a track you love.

:twisted: And hope its better then mine! :evil:

Kontakt is a sampler ha ha!! I think we need to say No synths no vsti synths, Outside drum samples allowed, but not direct sounds from drum machines or synths. It's the English Language, constantly trying to find away to describe what you mean, and you never can. :roll:
By Bamma! Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:32 am
Nice flip Dozy, right around 45 seconds it turns into a real stones throw kinda beat. I'll give it the label of "Ill".