Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:45 am
accept stones throw really isn't putting out good music. about a third of the beat battle kids put the best music stones throw has presented in a few years. and that really isn't the label.

but you doze have been working. and allot i see you all over the place. keep it up holmes.
By emwu23 Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:51 pm

***edited that for ya. next week press the soundcloud button in-between the off topic and spoiler buttons. this will place a soundcloud bracket. copy and paste your link in the middle of it..
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:39 am
pk1 wrote:accept stones throw really isn't putting out good music. about a third of the beat battle kids put the best music stones throw has presented in a few years. and that really isn't the label.

but you doze have been working. and allot i see you all over the place. keep it up holmes.

Yup Stonesthrow battles have nothing to do with the label, some sick talent they could sign up, but don't bother, 2006 was the last time they released anything that was monumental, and ever since, too many bite and jack Dilla's style. If you make a soulful wonky beat that sounds like Dilla or Madlib or Flylo, you gurantee yourself a victory. It's also more of a production battle rather than a Hiphop beat battle. Unfortunately these days a "Stonesthrow beat" is another way of saying unlistenable. The new documentry from the label does admit it's not a Hiphop label anymore.
By pk1 Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:30 am
True but it doesn't have to be hip hop to be good music. :)
By ThobRom Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:37 am
Yo, those samples are wack.

Goodluck.

"True but it doesn't have to be hip hop to be good music."

Yo,
you know how to make beats?
By pk1 Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:56 pm
ThobRom wrote:Yo, those samples are wack.

Goodluck.

"True but it doesn't have to be hip hop to be good music."

Yo,
you know how to make beats?

the samples must always be wack to you. you have never made a battle beat.
you just come in here with that picture of your dad and run your mouth. step to the plate one week and try to even finish a track.

better yet next time your drunk at home alone on a friday night, don't come here opening your trap.
By Bamma! Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:24 am
Yeah, quit hatting on all the samples. I found them hard to use, but thats why its a challenge. its not supposed to be done for you. I made something, and it was fun, but It wasn't something I felt was finished. Which is saying something considering what I've put up before. ;)