Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:41 pm
Alright we have samples

http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/41272078/file.html

http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/59872212/file.html

and as far as rules go:

use either of the samples
outside drums, synths, etc. ok
vocal cuts / scratches / acapellas ok
2 minute time limit

Submit track to mpc-forum soundcloud. Beats due by Friday night.
Good luck
By saadyah tz▾i Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:26 am
congrats winners!

couldnt flip the donnie darko sample, dont wanna ruin it as thats one of my favorite flicks

kzee you made that sound slick tho

dug the jazz record so i made a quick iPad flip just to get back in the ring with yall for this week

i didnt hear dozys beat til after i made mines, drums n chops sound a bit similar
but his cuts are authentic haha and way better.. is that you on the 1s and 2s??

anyway had to mention that, dont wanna be accused of biting :wink:

peace
By dozybeats Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:07 pm
haha i'm definitely not that good at scratching, but some creative editing goes a long way.
By pk1 Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:44 pm
WhTs with the name change brotha?
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:16 pm
pk1 wrote:WhTs with the name change brotha?

Well Heisenberg is originally a Scientist, who was one of the key founders of Quantum Mechanics, which I like as I don't quantize.
The other things were, basically the whole Cook, Lab, formulas,purity of product, ha ha!! and various quotes throughout breaking bad are just too good not to be snatched up, found the whole Jedi thing was limited in where I could take it, also not very down to earth or easy for anyone to relate too (But a Meth dealer is ? ha ha!!), hope to do Stonesthrow on Saturday and officially kill ODK with Heisenberg, then ODK returns to the source to be called in the form of an alias to do Heisenberg's bidding once in a while, another way I can manipulate the "Empire Business" tag (It's the only way I can get around the forums with ODK or Obi-Dan-Kenobi not being able to be changed).

Also for me ODK is playful, time for me to get my head on and take my beats a bit more seriously. Could call it growing up I guess. :wink:
By pk1 Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:27 am
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:
pk1 wrote:WhTs with the name change brotha?

Well Heisenberg is originally a Scientist, who was one of the key founders of Quantum Mechanics, which I like as I don't quantize.
The other things were, basically the whole Cook, Lab, formulas,purity of product, ha ha!! and various quotes throughout breaking bad are just too good not to be snatched up, found the whole Jedi thing was limited in where I could take it, also not very down to earth or easy for anyone to relate too (But a Meth dealer is ? ha ha!!), hope to do Stonesthrow on Saturday and officially kill ODK with Heisenberg, then ODK returns to the source to be called in the form of an alias to do Heisenberg's bidding once in a while, another way I can manipulate the "Empire Business" tag (It's the only way I can get around the forums with ODK or Obi-Dan-Kenobi not being able to be changed).

Also for me ODK is playful, time for me to get my head on and take my beats a bit more seriously. Could call it growing up I guess. :wink:

True on the "breaking" quotes, pretty good series. And on the shift I understand. Get it brotha. Start pushing it.
By primeXample Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:58 am
Not a lot of time but trying to stay in the mix with these battles every week...