Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Lampdog Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:42 am
mcroepster wrote:my new sig.! :nod:

Aww, Francis has been 1 upped and will be replaced :lol:
Francis needs stronger hate.
By Coz Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:52 am
ThobRom wrote:Re-edit: http://speedy.sh/aXNtb/TvsI.avi

The last one wasn't edited good.

On a musical level I think you know you've lost this one, but the video of the battling creatures was a nice touch.

If you had put those extra layers in it would have been far harder to choose a winner. :wink:
By primeXample Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:14 am
When I saw a 40mb .avi :hmmm:

After I watched the video :WTF:

After I heard the beat :cry:

Get this disrespectful, contradicting, hating, never beat posting, lame ass the **** up outta here. All this dude does is kill the vibe. No one gives a shit about his input and is not needed/wanted around here.

Voting for Ivory. Not because I know him, because I don't. Not for any reason other than his beat was better.
By peeping tom Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:29 am
no hate, but wasn't really feeling either of them beats.

EDIT:

PK-1 really diggin the cuts brah. Beats not my cuppa tea but diff strokes for diff folks eh

Pk1 gotta have that for sure tho. thobrom if you spent as much time on ya beats as you did talking shit you'd prob be getting somewhere yeah haha
Last edited by peeping tom on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By HUNGRYMAN Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:40 am
Alright...

I thought they both were tight. Unique in their own right. I'll do this...

If had made the beat --

Thobrom -

First off, I'm disregarding the video footage, since this was a "beat" battle. 2nd, it was a pain in the ass downloading a 124mb avi over the course of an hour just so I could listen to 1:48 of audio. Would have been nice just to stream it.

Now then... Really like the sounds you chose, everything fit nicely. It had a roughness to it. Dug the drums. Definitely could have used more variation. I think on the drums and the bass. The synth bass was only 3 different notes through out the whole song. I would have rocked that $hit. Made the bass dance around the empty parts you left open. Other than that it had a solid groove. Kinda reminded me of something I would have heard on a scion commercial. I was waiting for the sales pitch at the end. :lol:

On a end note -- Keep doing your thing, but realize their is always room for improvement. These fellas on here are good folks. There's a wealth of knowledge and hundreds of years experience making music between us all. But most of us don't take kindly to bashing one another for the sake of building an ego. Of course, we have all bumped heads with each other at one point or another, but if your man enough to shake hands at the end of the day, then we all win. That's called community, brother.

Ivory Viking -

Dug it, man. Had that anthem sound to it once again. Great mix down. The cuts were on point. It had plenty of elements to keep it going. I think it could have used a little more variation. Somewhere in the middle of the beat. Maybe on the drums. Not sure. Other than that, the one thing that I would have changed, would have been the pitch on the crash cymbal. Seemed like tuning it a little more would have made it fit better. But hell, most of my beats always have some contrasting pieces that don't fit together.

That's as unbiased as I can be. Hope to see more 1 on 1 battles here, with a little more "friendly" trash talk. The winner should challenge another person after it's over. I cast a vote when the polls up. See yall! :mrgreen:
By peeping tom Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:42 am
hok-2 wrote:You lot are all quick to diss a guy

But you're the same ish

Try that **** on me
Go on I **** dare you

All you lot ripping into one man.

Bag of pussy's.

who is that directed at ?
By ThobRom Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:50 am
After listening to what I made a second ago,
its too slow.

If I were going any farther with it (which I may one day) I would speed it up.
And more layering.

Luckily I dont see any reason to try much harder regarding ivoryviking.
:lol:
By peeping tom Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:30 am
primeXample wrote:When I saw a 40mb .avi :hmmm:

After I watched the video :WTF:

After I heard the beat :cry:

Get this disrespectful, contradicting, hating, never beat posting, lame ass the **** up outta here. All this dude does is kill the vibe. No one gives a **** about his input and is not needed/wanted around here.

Voting for Ivory. Not because I know him, because I don't. Not for any reason other than his beat was better.

By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:49 pm
Respect to all who keep the battle thread going.I came in here crawling in terms of using the MPC.Now I feel that I can hang with anyone here.I listen to my earlier stuff and compare it to now and the growth is there.

I never won a battle although a few times I felt I deserved to,yet I never felt there was any cheating going on except the time a cat voted for himself.That`s all water under the bridge because the same cat went on to win a few battles on his own merit.

Respect to ALL my MPC brethren.
By pk1 Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:52 pm
Well sick you def won 77 you had more votes first. You probably would have brought a better sampler then mine had you seen I was waiting for you. And yeah your progression has been noticed. Big ups to all you guys that come in here and put in tracks. Much love for those that stick around and grow with us. It's pretty damn cool to see the progression each of you have made.
By Lampdog Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:00 pm
Aiight, I've liztened to:

Buggz and TvsI (30 minute download :( )

I have opinionz, but whatever.
To my earz, Buggz is better, eazily better.