Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:22 pm
Right had enough of this stupidity.

2 are battling and meant to post a BEAT!!!!!!!
1 managed to do this.
1 guy has lost it completely and has gone Brock Lesnar and wants to demolish and slay everyone that's in his path.
Opinions are getting thrown around around and around with no closure or development

And Hiphop is raising people out of Ignorance (Basically that is, but that is a whole new subject and not the place here for that discussion)

I'm now on Holiday, so this ends for me when I hit submit, I'm hoping when I look back, we got something positive out of this, or something was learnt by someone somewhere

HUNGRYMAN IS BACK :-D :popcorn: remember Necadah Holmes, is it me or is this a complete mirror of that.

And Thob please for the love of God READ THINGS properly, please stop editing bits and making a mess of what is being said to you. You have made this so difficult for people to listen to.

I DO NOT WANT TO BAN YOU READ IT AGAIN!,

it's your perspective, going round in circles here but back to the end of the world comment.

And I'm still making the call on Asbergers here, got a feeling about this as no one has said anything about this at all, which means Thob needs to be spoken to differently (means we all need to be a bit more supportive if it is the case), but if this isn't the case, then I dunno he must be a prototype or something.

Peace to ALL of you :grouphug: lets turn this around to just positivity.

I didn't vote or listen purely because of this video thing, and I've set the battle up I don't think it would of been right.
By Chillin Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:11 pm
I'm not sure if this was suppose to be a hip hop battle, if so then both failed.

But out of the two/ the beat by Ivoryking sounded better.

But, I'll await the deadline, for the final vote.
By pk1 Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:42 pm
Chillin wrote:I'm not sure if this was suppose to be a hip hop battle, if so then both failed.

But out of the two/ the beat by Ivoryking sounded better.

But, I'll await the deadline, for the final vote.

Ah, so explain what IS a hiphop battle! And where any of this was not..

This was a battle. I could have made a rock track had I wanted. And he a country.
But I'd still like to hear your definition of what it's suppose to be.
By primeXample Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:15 am
peeping tom wrote:
primeXample wrote:When I saw a 40mb .avi :hmmm:

After I watched the video :WTF:

After I heard the beat :cry:

Get this disrespectful, contradicting, hating, never beat posting, lame ass the **** up outta here. All this dude does is kill the vibe. No one gives a **** about his input and is not needed/wanted around here.

Voting for Ivory. Not because I know him, because I don't. Not for any reason other than his beat was better.

By Chillin Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:54 am
A hip hop battle is founded in elements of hip hop. A hip hop beat battle, is supposedly have a soulful hard hitting beat, containing heavy kick and snappy snare. (Usually funk/ jazzy oriented). IvoryKing came closest to this.

Edited
Don't need the history lesson clogging up the thread. Thanks though.
By pk1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:59 pm
Well Chillin. you have a misconception of what hip hop is brotha. But thats expected your from the netherlands. not that being in the netherlands makes you ignorant to what the culture is. But if i was introduced to your Levenslied music and its culture. by say someone coming here with a bunch of music and i liked it so much that i started dressing that way and making that music my life. Id never really understand the culture. Its the same for an american kid in arizona with out an ounce of the hiphop culture around him. he wouldn't really know what it is cause he is only learning threw mtv. not that he is not hiphop or that your not. See i grew up in the culture as a head. Been in the culture since the mid 80's. never once did i change my style threw out life. never liked metal, country or any rock after the 70's. never liked house or any of the electro stuff. Hipo hop has been my life since my first run dmc tape. You were right about the beasties being a gimmick act at first. but wrong about them being hip hop. they are 10 times more hip hop then ANY music coming of the mainstream titled as hiphop.

And what the hell is wrong with peoples reading skills? Ivoryviking not ivoryking :lol:

Thobrom,
glad you actually submitted a track. All this started because your "snarky" comments are rude. and you needed to be put in line. because this is a battle zone here on the forum it would only be right if we handled our beef with tracks. because i couldn't reach threw the line and smack the piss out of you. But im satisfied with what it has become. I am walking away from this with a good attitude. i hope you can do the same. We use soundcloud for our battle. Period. since you detest the site and won't use it you won't be able to battle. But your welcome to come vote and comment constructively. no more smart ass comments directed at a online persona that you don't like. we are all humans and need to approach one another with respect and dignity. Your more then welcome to get over your issue with soundcloud and inter tracks. please do. just please come respectful to fellow musicians. at the end of the day this is just a afukin website.

1 to all that came to this fiasco and commented/voted. hope it was slightly entertaining for you. Any of you that do not come and submit tracks for the battle should drop by sometime. We see your online personas and communicate about our machines with each other all the time. its good to see what any of you can do with limited option of the battle.

peace to you all and have a good weekend
By Chillin Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:39 pm
pk1 wrote:Well Chillin. you have a misconception of what hip hop is brotha. But thats expected your from the netherlands. not that being in the netherlands makes you ignorant to what the culture is. But if i was introduced to your Levenslied music and its culture. by say someone coming here with a bunch of music and i liked it so much that i started dressing that way and making that music my life. Id never really understand the culture. Its the same for an american kid in arizona with out an ounce of the hiphop culture around him. he wouldn't really know what it is cause he is only learning threw mtv. not that he is not hiphop or that your not. See i grew up in the culture as a head. Been in the culture since the mid 80's. never once did i change my style threw out life. never liked metal, country or any rock after the 70's. never liked house or any of the electro stuff. Hipo hop has been my life since my first run dmc tape. You were right about the beasties being a gimmick act at first. but wrong about them being hip hop. they are 10 times more hip hop then ANY music coming of the mainstream titled as hiphop.

And what the hell is wrong with peoples reading skills? Ivoryviking not ivoryking :lol:

Thobrom,
glad you actually submitted a track. All this started because your "snarky" comments are rude. and you needed to be put in line. because this is a battle zone here on the forum it would only be right if we handled our beef with tracks. because i couldn't reach threw the line and smack the piss out of you. But im satisfied with what it has become. I am walking away from this with a good attitude. i hope you can do the same. We use soundcloud for our battle. Period. since you detest the site and won't use it you won't be able to battle. But your welcome to come vote and comment constructively. no more smart ass comments directed at a online persona that you don't like. we are all humans and need to approach one another with respect and dignity. Your more then welcome to get over your issue with soundcloud and inter tracks. please do. just please come respectful to fellow musicians. at the end of the day this is just a afukin website.

1 to all that came to this fiasco and commented/voted. hope it was slightly entertaining for you. Any of you that do not come and submit tracks for the battle should drop by sometime. We see your online personas and communicate about our machines with each other all the time. its good to see what any of you can do with limited option of the battle.

peace to you all and have a good weekend

I have it wrong, for being in Netherlands? Amusing.

I have met old school cats, when I told them about the Black Space, Wild Style, Gestapos, ect...they were like shocked me being from the "Netherlands", knowing Hip Hop history so well. They told me that I knew my stuff. This was in the 80s already. And I always had friends from the States all the way from the NY to LA.

Met many folks like Q Latifa, Jungle Brothers, KRS, Stetsasonic, Rakim. Son of Bezerk amongst many others.

Like I said, show/ let me hear a old school hip hop beat that isn't influenced by funky/ jazzy grooves, with a snappy beat. (On which hip hop arose.) You can also mention the names of your "examples". I'll give you a few back in return. :lol:

My first record my Dad bought for me was by the Suger Hill. The first record I both for myself was by Grand Master Flash and furious five. You probably will know that this was long before RUN DMC.

And apparently 90% of the peeps do need a history lesson in the origins of Hip Hop. You have no idea. This is why Hip Hop and it's elements is in a "weak weak whack" state nowadays. But I have it wrong. I have a misconception. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Chillin on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Lampdog Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:41 pm
Aww geez guys can we call a truce, get back to the "1 on 1 Battle Ivoryking Vs Thobrom" please.

Is the battle over, I can't remember. If so then the Reaper will be along shortly.
By pk1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 pm
All good chillin.
By ThobRom Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:22 pm
Thats all fair.
It dunt put money in my pocket whether I win or lose the vote.
ivoryvikings beat was okay.
It was average.

(He looped a section. It had some drums and scratching on it.)

Wether his beat is better then mine dont make me no difference.
He's got an opinion regarding that, just like I do.

But I'm convinced that I've seen better submissions come and go in the weekly vote.
That didn't get recognition so that some people can just keep voting for what ivoryviking does.

For some reason.
Some reason other then being vastly above average.
He's okay.

Is there a particular reason that Obi or ivory has to post the next rules?
Couldn't anybody do that?
Like say the winner?
As long as they follow the rules of doing it?
By ThobRom Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:36 pm
I thought your scratching was pretty good IV,
although I would have picked something other then James Brown cuts.
But thats an aesthetic choice.
By HUNGRYMAN Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:38 am
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:HUNGRYMAN IS BACK :-D :popcorn: remember Necadah Holmes, is it me or is this a complete mirror of that.

Yo ODK! Or is it Heisenburg? :wink: Yeah, deja vu. Like the bojangles fella. He eventually came back with a better attitude.

I was waiting for a poll, guess we are voting here.

I'm going with IvoryViking. Felt like it was more polished in terms of fidelity.

I also liked ThobRom's track. Thought it had a unique vibe. Hope you'll get a soundcloud and join up for the next round.

ThobRom wrote:Is there a particular reason that Obi or ivory has to post the next rules?
Couldn't anybody do that?
Like say the winner?
As long as they follow the rules of doing it?

They've been in here for a good while and have been trusted to moderate the battle forum and not wreck shop. Winner does pick the rules but sends them to the mods to post.

Yo Lamp. Might be safe to bring the reaper in. :popcorn:
By ThobRom Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:45 am
I Agree they've been here a while!
And I try to have the most respect for them.
All the way up to defending myself!

What do you mean the "reaper"?