Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who brought the best track

36%
43%
7%
7%
7%
By Chillin Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:52 pm
ThobRom wrote:Dozy Beats is good as usual.
A bit too busy IMO.

5xvt is a good beat.
A mix of new and old.
I didn't care for the mix of new in this example.
But you've got skills.

PrimeXample has attributes that need refining.

emwu is still if not the best, close to it.

B yourself is at least the second best IMO.

HUNGRYMAN wrote:Quick run down..

Dozy - When it hits it on. Stays hitting the whole way through.

5XVT - Real nice. The cuts are great.

PrimeXample - Digging the hell out of those drums. Fits tight with the chops.

emwu23 - It's cool. Nice and steady. Not really digging that wet kick drum. I would have layered it with something a little more crunchy.

B urself - The intro bangs. Next part is good. Then it gets a little too choppy for me. I would eq'd the bass out of the cuts and took at advantage of the rules and added a bassline.

Good work, fellas. :nod: Giving it to Dozy. PrimeXample at a close 2nd.

Thanks for the recognition. I made two beats quickly within one hour. I wanted to see what this battle is about.

My next attend while be more elaborated. With less sample freestyle improvisation. Dozy was indeed great.
By pk1 Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:16 pm
One of the best vote threads I've seen! "Erbuddy" just gettin along and stuff! :-D

I was dozy all day, but that F.N.G. track was great.
You 5x and emwu made the track sample not so recognizable. Really nice tracks

We gotta get emwu off that compressor on his master. Still a little heavy on that.

Prime, I never dig the 16th high hat thing in new school or dirty south style but it fit real nice in your track. Nice panning effect.

Hey chillin cool tracks brotha. Next time put them together (your tracks) have em fade out and into the next or just drop one to the next. A few of us do this on the battles. Then you be able to show case Both as one. Welcome to the sessions as well.

Dozy and 5x looking close for y'all. Please have your samples ready this evening. If it ties we will have you guys choose amongst yourselves who picks sample or rules. Or one of you can tap out to let the other handle it. Just pm me or obi what you want to do.

Great week you guys. Now if we can get hungry, daz, tag, and lamp to put down some tracks next week. I'd be an epic weeks.

:worthy:
By 5XVT Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:52 pm
Thanks for the votes and feedback, didn't expect to be up there on my first entry!

I'm from the UK so its Sunday night (well 7pm) now, what time / timezone does the voting end?
By pk1 Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:57 am
If I put up the battle it's west coast mountIn time.

If obi puts it up its on his uk time. You and dozy get together about samples and rules and let me know I'll get 79 up and running
By pk1 Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:00 am
Hey dozy I've got a sample and rules from 5x what's your word brotha?
By dozybeats Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:12 am
I've been on the lake all day and just now got round to my computer. Thanks to everyone for the good feedback and votes. And congrats to 5X (and myself haha) on the double win. You should be getting a sample from each of us in the next battle.

Cheers.