Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:33 pm

'MPC: Sampling Laid Bare', the unique step-by-step tutorial book for the MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio is now fully updated for version 1.7 of the MPC Software.

Inside you'll find:

• Comprehensive coverage of all chopping features, with a speed chopping workflow guide and plenty of real world usage examples
  • Practical uses of all program parameters
  • Sample recording and resampling
  • Creative sample editing and sound design techniques
  • Advanced drum layering examples
  • Looping breaks and instrument samples
  • Building velocity sensitive finger drumming kits from drum multisamples
  • Creating realistic instrument emulations using both DRUM and Keygroup programs
  • Using insert effects as sound design tools
  • Essential sequencing guide
  • Full software/hardware guide and troubleshooting tips

This is a completely FREE update for all existing owners - download your updated copy from your File Bank.

For more information including a free preview tutorial, go to:

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... laid-bare/
By mcroepster Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:11 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
This is a completely FREE update for all existing owners - download your updated copy from your File Bank.

Cool, I will update tomorrow when I get home.

peace :smoker:
By MPC-Tutor Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:39 pm
Yes been working on a 1.8 update, fair bit of work involved for this one as the changes in 1.8 affect every tutorial heavily, especially chopping tutorials, so there will be a small upgrade fee this time round. I'll also see about including dedicated iBooks/Android and Kindle optimised versions as well like I did with the MPC & Logic book upgrade.

Hoping to have this ready next week.
By TT_Lab Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:53 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes been working on a 1.8 update, fair bit of work involved for this one as the changes in 1.8 affect every tutorial heavily, especially chopping tutorials, so there will be a small upgrade fee this time round. I'll also see about including dedicated iBooks/Android and Kindle optimised versions as well like I did with the MPC & Logic book upgrade.

Waiting for the updated book. Thank you.
By iHeartTrapMusic Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:36 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes been working on a 1.8 update, fair bit of work involved for this one as the changes in 1.8 affect every tutorial heavily, especially chopping tutorials, so there will be a small upgrade fee this time round. I'll also see about including dedicated iBooks/Android and Kindle optimised versions as well like I did with the MPC & Logic book upgrade.

I was afraid of this. I got the 1.7 version of the book while every bone in my body told me for 1.8 to drop but I wanted to wait because I wasnt sure that the MPC upgrade would be so big but I was wrong heh.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:35 pm
iHeartTrapMusic wrote:I was afraid of this. I got the 1.7 version of the book while every bone in my body told me for 1.8 to drop but I wanted to wait because I wasnt sure that the MPC upgrade would be so big but I was wrong heh.

The cost of the 1.8 book to new customers is going to increase slightly as well, so the upgrade fee for people with the 1.7 version will just reflect that general increase in pricing for the book for new buyers.
By Trillmatic Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:17 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Image

'MPC: Sampling Laid Bare', the unique step-by-step tutorial book for the MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio is now fully updated for version 1.7 of the MPC Software.

Inside you'll find:

• Comprehensive coverage of all chopping features, with a speed chopping workflow guide and plenty of real world usage examples
  • Practical uses of all program parameters
  • Sample recording and resampling
  • Creative sample editing and sound design techniques
  • Advanced drum layering examples
  • Looping breaks and instrument samples
  • Building velocity sensitive finger drumming kits from drum multisamples
  • Creating realistic instrument emulations using both DRUM and Keygroup programs
  • Using insert effects as sound design tools
  • Essential sequencing guide
  • Full software/hardware guide and troubleshooting tips

For more information including a free preview tutorial, go to:

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... laid-bare/

Is this tutorial 1.6 friendly?