Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Rockin'DoublZ Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:38 pm
Not gonna make it in time, too much ish this week, dope sample by the way, so much to choose from, ill fcvk with it still, post it as an unofficial... peace...
By pk1 Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:14 pm
Doc00Cosel wrote:By the way, Ivoryking, I checked out your soundcloud page. You got some ill shit. This is My Rifle is off the wall. It has that golden era vibe but still cutting edge. That shit would be a million dollar smash with the right emcee on it. I heard another beat on here by a dude named Hellfire. I think it was called Am I weak. That was another one that was mad ill. If you don't mind me askin, are you an older dude or young cat? Your tracks have the vibe of a certain appreciation for what Hip Hop should be. Not just that, but original music in general. That's some real talk.

hey brotha. yes thats what i was looking for. record yourself making some noise and incorporate it into a percussive instrument. it can be fun and sound unique.

thanks for the shout out on the track. that was a week i made two tracks. submitted the first one i finished day ofter poll went up i posted that. second track "my Riffle" was done to late. but i really liked it. it gets me pumped but in a mellow way. Its a perfect track to clean your guns to. :-D and yeah I'm an old dude. Steadfast in my ways. thats why i am always bitching about stuff. like the mc on Mabeats 86 submission. i don't like it and i say it. I was raised by the forefathers of this genre. So my musical goal is to cause their heads to nod before they are gone. i can care less about what any new jay cat thinks of my theory. i look at the music they (forefathers that are left) still make, and cats like me that are my age making the original hiphop still. and know thats where i lay. honestly, I have always felt i am hip hop it lives deep with in. i never changed my style. So when i decided to not just be a fan but to put forth effort to contribute to this genre. i made it my one and only true goal. is to have marly marl, pete rock, premo, jam master J, run, chuck D, Q-tip, busta. break they neck to one of my joints. ask "who the hell is this" "this kid makes HipHop" that has been my only goal since banging on my first pad (boss sp303).

even though i have changed my life completely, i love hip hop. i raise my kids with it. we all dance around the house rappin and singing. if you cats saw me you would trip. Specially when I'm banging ya'll asses on the tracks. I look like an old mountain man. big beard, pistol on my hip. up until three weeks ago, i had 28 mouths to feed daily. But i killed and put two of them in my freezer. :mrgreen: (my pigs. that my 3yr old named Rocksteady and bebop) got one deer in last week hope to get up and get the second this week. so yeah I'm very different cat then the usual hip hop head. our genre is getting old. and there are a few of us that still stick around with pride. we just pulled up our pants and have families now. ill be 38 next month. but feel like I'm 22. :smoker:

:popcorn:
By Doc00Cosel Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:44 pm
pk1 wrote:
Doc00Cosel wrote:By the way, Ivoryking, I checked out your soundcloud page. You got some ill ****. This is My Rifle is off the wall. It has that golden era vibe but still cutting edge. That **** would be a million dollar smash with the right emcee on it. I heard another beat on here by a dude named Hellfire. I think it was called Am I weak. That was another one that was mad ill. If you don't mind me askin, are you an older dude or young cat? Your tracks have the vibe of a certain appreciation for what Hip Hop should be. Not just that, but original music in general. That's some real talk.

hey brotha. yes thats what i was looking for. record yourself making some noise and incorporate it into a percussive instrument. it can be fun and sound unique.

thanks for the shout out on the track. that was a week i made two tracks. submitted the first one i finished day ofter poll went up i posted that. second track "my Riffle" was done to late. but i really liked it. it gets me pumped but in a mellow way. Its a perfect track to clean your guns to. :-D and yeah I'm an old dude. Steadfast in my ways. thats why i am always bitching about stuff. like the mc on Mabeats 86 submission. i don't like it and i say it. I was raised by the forefathers of this genre. So my musical goal is to cause their heads to nod before they are gone. i can care less about what any new jay cat thinks of my theory. i look at the music they (forefathers that are left) still make, and cats like me that are my age making the original hiphop still. and know thats where i lay. honestly, I have always felt i am hip hop it lives deep with in. i never changed my style. So when i decided to not just be a fan but to put forth effort to contribute to this genre. i made it my one and only true goal. is to have marly marl, pete rock, premo, jam master J, run, chuck D, Q-tip, busta. break they neck to one of my joints. ask "who the hell is this" "this kid makes HipHop" that has been my only goal since banging on my first pad (boss sp303).

even though i have changed my life completely, i love hip hop. i raise my kids with it. we all dance around the house rappin and singing. if you cats saw me you would trip. Specially when I'm banging ya'll asses on the tracks. I look like an old mountain man. big beard, pistol on my hip. up until three weeks ago, i had 28 mouths to feed daily. But i killed and put two of them in my freezer. :mrgreen: (my pigs. that my 3yr old named Rocksteady and bebop) got one deer in last week hope to get up and get the second this week. so yeah I'm very different cat then the usual hip hop head. our genre is getting old. and there are a few of us that still stick around with pride. we just pulled up our pants and have families now. ill be 38 next month. but feel like I'm 22. :smoker:

:popcorn:

Yea I hear ya. I'm 32 and most people I meet who claim Hip Hop don't know shit about it. I also admit if I don't like something just because blowing smoke up people's A$$ is what's killing the game. I try to give constructive feedback to build on and these young kids take it as a diss. I also try to be a little different only because I don't want to be catagorized or pigeon holed into any particular faction of style or music. Although I am a Hip Hop cat, due to how it's being represented it's almost embarrassing. Some people have "Beat Making" apps on their I-phone, and suddenly they are a record producer. Same thing with cats who spit half ass freestyles on occasion and claim they are Emcees. I feel it's up to dudes like us to school the younger generations and take Hip Hop back. It's also funny how you describe yourself because it's mostly the unorthodox heads who know their shit the most. Thats Ill. I just roam all of North Jersey looking like a wierd a$$. I'll have some mismatched gloves, big ass coke dealer sun glasses, A shaved oval head, and a wierd mustache. My boy rocks a top hat like abe lincoln w a jacket from the 30's and shit. We roll into these cyphers and people target us and think we don't know our history or probably suck at what we do. We end up blazing these people. I'm sure you run into the same situation. But, I guess thats the game now. Nothing but clones. No originality.