Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Doc00Cosel Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:16 am
Word. Thx. Maybe not this sample, cuz I wont have time to hook something up before Friday. Maybe. Idk. Saturdays and sundays are my lab days. When is the new sample posted? Thanks for receiving me. I'm reading all your guys posts about digging and shit and im getting more souped up than masters of illusion. Lol. I will def start getting involved. Hopefully I may have something by Friday night for this one.
By pk1 Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:33 pm
hey peeps.

our boy mattman submitted this sample as part of his entry. we were going to do this together but i didn't hear from him so i uploaded what we have.

"It's actually a Nazereth record I was thinking of.
Song is Judas Me."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frshb8rihjmvz ... e.mp3?dl=0

if you haven't started a track and want a different sample this one can be substituted.
same rules apply.

not trying to confuse anyone. just didn't want to leave matt behind. he is really the winner of last battle i just barely came to the tie. he was already ahead.

i did not see his PM till this morning. if anything you have another sample to add to your arsenaL.
:popcorn:
By mattman121775 Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:16 am
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:WAV!!!! or I will come KNOCKING 8) god dam MP3's (Insert spitting at the ground smilie here ha ha!!)

Trust me. My mp3's are the best ones lol. You will not be disapointed. :nod:
No youtube rips here. 111% vinyl rip fo sho :-D
By primeXample Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:20 am
saadyah tz▾i wrote:356 mb sample?! :shock:
i jack fast wifi from some neighbor and this joint is still taking forevs
better be great

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been MIA the last few weeks but I should be back.

Looks like we are growing! Welcome to all the newer peeps!
By pk1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:30 pm
just a recap..... :hmmm: ^

2}You need to make a structured track. {no 8bar loop for minute and half.}
Atleast, Three different pieces. {Example: intro/verse/hook}
3}The hook must have lyrics. yours or some takin from an acapella. The whole track does not need to be a remix.
4}must use some percussion Manually, with your own hands this can be a tambourine, any drums, salt and pepper shakers, pans. whatever
By Hanz Bocek Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:02 am

nice sample , i dont understand all rulez ....
By pk1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:52 pm
well, if rules aren't met this week tracks won't be submitted in poll. so if you guys have dropped a track that does not follow rules your track won't show in vote.

so if you choose to not make a hook {chorus} for your track then its not qualifying.

if you have questions just ask. you can always pull your track and fix what its missing. we have all day and night today.
By Doc00Cosel Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:17 pm
PK1, when a rule is posted like, must use percussion from own hands, does this mean after we have made the sound, we can not put effects on it? or change pitch with mpc? For example if I tapped my flask with a sharpie and it made an ill cowbell sound, can I then adjust the pitch to match my drums? Or if I slap my brothers face to make an ill snare, can I adjust the decay, release, and attack accordingly? I like to be unorthodox with how I gather my sounds. Lol.
By Doc00Cosel Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:31 pm
By the way, Ivoryking, I checked out your soundcloud page. You got some ill shit. This is My Rifle is off the wall. It has that golden era vibe but still cutting edge. That shit would be a million dollar smash with the right emcee on it. I heard another beat on here by a dude named Hellfire. I think it was called Am I weak. That was another one that was mad ill. If you don't mind me askin, are you an older dude or young cat? Your tracks have the vibe of a certain appreciation for what Hip Hop should be. Not just that, but original music in general. That's some real talk.
By emwu23 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:24 pm
Congrats on the win Ivory/Matt,and thanks for the high quality samples .

I am not so good in accapellas ,I do not rap my self ,so my only option is acca ,no experience to be honest but I tried .
Hihat played manually,no quantization,no drumbreak this time.