Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

who transformed this to a grimy dirty track the best?

7%
7%
N/A
29%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
36%
21%
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:40 pm
Vike gets my vote.Props to all for making something outta nothing.

Can`t wait for the next sample
By pk1 Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:06 pm
abcdom. i liked that you used the 8bit video game drums and glitch chopped sample to fit.it worked.

and 5X... perhaps we are more likeminded then known by either. nice track.
clean scratching. not real fan when people leave the off beat crap scratches in the track.

Mo, turn your deck work up a little. its more on point then you want to give it. didn't really like the beat. but like the idea and how you structured it. outside samples nice.

Borat, clean work. very nice filter work. drums fit well. but you sample was only a 2 bar on loop. no chops. nothing much. good sound though.

kieth of Lard, perfect sample manipulation. you did the challenge part better then any of us in my opinion. but the drums :hmmm: what the heck was that?

jnb i really like the way you used sample. but the double drum thing... really good layering and filter though.

emwu nice swing in those drums.

everybody great job on your work. whether its I or anyone else that may like or dislike your track. Its very dignifying that you try your best, and then share with us and the world. These informal practice sessions we have here are a great way to grow. Influence from these forum battles can lead you in two ways. your path or some others. Keep in mind that even though its real healthy to branch out and exercise other formats. A successful producer has a style. it was honed after long hours of failure and acceptance. But in the long run. It will be very beneficial to you and your craft if you find your style.
Will your drums be week one song and powerful the next? Or will you start building a personal library? that you designed! that gives you a signature sound! I personally feel proud that I am beginning to have a very particular sound. And honestly Its not turning out to be the one i had in mind. Thats the magic that I'm attempting to discuss here. With hard work the reward becomes greater then imagined. Cause better then sounding close to what i wanted to sound a unique sound is growing from within. With this cold coming and snow in the hills my goal this winter is to crank some tracks out. hopefully drop an album as honorable and unique as old Obi the Heisenberg doctor.