Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:24 pm
So....again no samples from borat/winner...

Last week i took down these samples and rules cause heisenberg officially won and came threw with the samples and rules in last minute.

we are going to go with what i put up then

samples:
WAV.
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/1051354/file.html
MP3
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/8699898/file.html

Rules:
must use samples provided.
no time limit but track needs to have change ups.
no accapellas. But vocal stabs and scratches are welcome
outside samples, sounds and instruments are encouraged.
BPM has to be under 90
**Challenge** track needs to be an R&B track.

Vote will be on Best produced R&B vibe/sound.

Think Jodeci, kieth sweat, gerald & levert, BabyFace.

Please have tracks posted in soundcloud group by friday midnight US Mountain time.
https://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forum ... at-battles

good luck and Bang on!
By Borat Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:31 pm
Can we cancel this again? I got samples ready!
By Keith's Lard Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:02 pm
Nah, keep it. Sounds like a challange. Although mine will probably end up sounding like weird & b.
By 5XVT Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:32 pm
If its the same rules / samples I already made a beat for this last week... I vote for Borats samples & rules if its an option?
By Elmar Jestro Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:48 pm
Just posted an idea to the faq thread regarding sample uploads for participants. To prevent these late starts and abortions of already started battle threads.
By mr_debauch Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:19 pm
come on guys, take the challenge... we can all make boom bap beats for days.... in fact, make one for fun outside of the battle anyways but I think it's a good idea to try and do something you normally wouldn't do.
By pk1 Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:10 pm
sounds like this will be discipline week!

Borat wrote:Can we cancel this again? I got samples ready!

samples were due last night brotha. and i believe you have won 3 battles. and each time you have flaked on providing the sample. i know most people have other responsibilities. Family, kids and jobs. so instead of blaming or pointing fingers. someone has to step up and take care of the lag.

Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Yeah please I can't be doing no RnB, Rolling Stones is RnB, never understood it to be honest.

Im sure you can..
there has been more samples and rules come threw here that i did not like then i did like..i generally accepted the challenge, or walked away till next week.

5XVT wrote:If its the same rules / samples I already made a beat for this last week... I vote for Borats samples & rules if its an option?

then your submission should be easy this week. :mrgreen:

mr_debauch wrote:come on guys, take the challenge... we can all make boom bap beats for days.... in fact, make one for fun outside of the battle anyways but I think it's a good idea to try and do something you normally wouldn't do.

:wink: this is the right attitude.

This really isn't a hard challenge. and i can't play any instrument beyond a turntable, some drums and the mpc. never learned cords. only memorized the keys.

glad to see there is a Real challenge that is causing a stir. although a home run is not expected.. the question is now.. can you even step to the plate.

oh and remember this is not a dictatorship. if you want to make rules and bring a different challenge, and samples. follow the simple guidelines that enable this to happen in your favor. i have mad respect for all you guys and your crafts. even if i disagree slightly with any of it.
By Borat Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:22 pm
pk1 wrote:Borat wrote:
Can we cancel this again? I got samples ready!

samples were due last night brotha. and i believe you have won 3 battles. and each time you have flaked on providing the sample. i know most people have other responsibilities. Family, kids and jobs. so instead of blaming or pointing fingers. someone has to step up and take care of the lag.

I only won 2. Ok for the first time, but this time i replied to you and had samples ready like 2 or 3 hours after the end of the battle i think(i'm on a really different time zone, so it's a bit confusing for me). And since we have 5 days to make a beat, it's not like a few hours will make a big difference. Anyway, let's make some r'n'b :)
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:14 am
Yo I ain't moaning about the challenge, just saying RnB sucks, and it does makes me think of Mariah Carey, always sounds like it's going to drop and never gets there, and the fanbase are a bunch of materialistic fur needy champagne drinkers, that go nuts if you tread on their brand new white nike air trainers in the club.

Now lets get down to timelines, they aren't right, battles should end Friday night UK time, voting Saturday through to Sunday midday-ish. The Battle votes are ending Monday late afternoon UK time so I have no idea how we slipped into this, but I think there needs to be a bit of calming down with getting the next sample up, a few hours at least, to give the winner a chance to post, if the vote ended earlier or actually on the Sunday like it's meant to it should go back normal and work.
Check Elmar's suggestion in the Faq, about having a sample ready really makes sense. But what we're doing doesn't align with the faq and will probably confuse everyone who starts battling here.

So if it's Friday 23,00 here what would that make the time where you guys are, we need to come to a compromise that works, may be worth going back to fortnightly, but if Stones Throw can make it for 8 years, with the mess that occurs over there, surely we can get it right here.
By pk1 Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:04 am
i don't want to get into a debate with you about it. but this is what i found in the "FAQ" page on the time table:

"Battle Timetable

* Sunday: Sample goes live
* Friday: Entries close and vote starts
* Saturday: Winner announced
* Sunday: Next battle goes live!

not much mention of uk time. and the only reason that it would be my time brotha is it is i doing it. It makes sense i do it midnight my time. (Friday: Entries close and vote starts)
the end of friday. When you do its uk time cause its based of your personal time as well. like when i wake at the crack (6am monday) to start the new battle. that means i would need to start the new battle at 10 pm sunday night to fit uk time.

Im aware this is a Uk based site. and if its uk time that we need to be in then not a problem. i peeped his post on the mandatory sample entry. but that would need to be managed as well. let me know the timeline these are suppose to be posted in and when i help i will have them posted at correct time.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:56 am
No debate, just civil chat holmes, so if we're 8 hours apart, how about the vote ends 12.00-13.00 sunday your end, making it 20.00-21.00 over here, we're both awake and can sort it together, just means we got to be on it Saturday to set the vote up and the pattern settles down to new battles on a sunday, then everyone gets the whole of Monday, I must admit I always thought it was UK time as it's a UK site. We actually get a lot less time being ahead. I work nights, so I could set the vote up at about 8.00am on a Saturday.

The other thing I was thinking, deadline thursday, vote friday and saturday, new sample goes up Saturday or Sunday, In other word a day behind Stones Throw, so we don't clash. You remember when the battle would start on a Sunday, the sample would go up for about 18.00 over here. I just think we got to much time to make a beat and not enough time to do the rest. And I know it's headache when your holding down on your own, you want to hit the F-it button sometimes. we'll get there, just need to tinker with it a little. :popcorn:
By 5XVT Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:10 am
If this is running as last weeks rules then heres my beat from then

By pk1 Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:06 pm
sounds good my friend I'm down for cohesiveness.

I'm down for a thursday deadline. cats are going to haver to learn to work a tad faster.

back on this battle though... :hmmm: i couldn't sit down and bang on pads till last night. but while running around with the kid during day. i wanted to go over some old R&B i used to bump in jr high and shit. damn the memories and pussy i forgot about. :mrgreen: "h-town knocking boots" and some r kelly when he had Ronald isley doing duets and crazy cheating stories. had me laughing. but the grooves are tight. the drums are hot. like acoustic style playing with just a touch of the new age. and the sounds where not all 808 crap. damn if any y'all are under 28 go youtube some baby face, and kiethsweat , next, and just keep checking the list on the side for shit you never herd. a few months ago we had a silk track to sample.

then i sat down to the samples. not sure about y'all but i just got to listen i think they are dope. but only hip hop was coming out the pad work. this challenge might be harder then i thought. :smoker: think ill have a couple tracks from this battle.
By QuickStrike Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:16 pm
i just tried to add my beat but no luck, says i have been banned. Why is that?