Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:49 pm
MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle 100

To celebrate the 100th MPC-Forums.com battle, Dan asked me to provide the sample and rules for this, along with a prize for the winner, so here goes :)

**** Download the samples here ****

So fresh off the turntable this morning we've got one of my favourite tracks from Van the man, time sig and feel will present a decent challenge, but there's plenty of nice stuff in there to be playing with. I've also included a bonus drum break from a TV themes album I had knocking around, you'll know it when you hear it.

The Rules:

* Be creative - no endless looping
* No acapellas
* Feel free to add your own instrumentation, scatching etc
* Extra drums allowed except for snares - there's more than enough in that extra break - again, be creative :)
* Other than that, do your thing and come up with something unique.

The Prize:

$150 voucher to spend at MPC-Samples.com - winner should just PM me with their choice of products (digital products only) and I'll get the links sent over asap.

Deadline:

Beats must be uploaded to the Soundcloud battle page by Friday 30th January

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... at-battles

Finally, a big thank you to Dan, PK1 and everyone else who has helped or contributed to the forum battles over the years - here's to the next 100 :smoker:
By pk1 Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:43 pm
Not a problem. And thank you very much for providing us a place to do this.
Big ups to the MPC-Forums
By Elmar Jestro Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:10 pm
Hm, seems I can't download the zip-file completely. It always takes a few minutes to get the download started. And when I try to open it, it says something like "file is corrupted", showing only the drumbreak but won't let me extract it... :hmmm:

Also tried to download it from my phone but with no luck. Any ideas/solutions?
By pk1 Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:29 pm
downloading now if it works for me i will repost.

how funny and ironic. my wife has a couple pandora stations that play van way to much. So much he has been temporarily banned from being played. Skipped or thumb down anytime pandora plays him. I can't stand this guys voice. he has made some good tracks and i know he is a classic, but he is on the neal diamond level as far a favored from me.

down load worked fine for me here is a zippy of same zip.
http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/etFFnAAj/file.html
By inflict3 Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:23 pm
damn!! i messed with these samples on the 500 last night and my beat sounded wack as ****…lol!! i may give it another go, the free sample packs are keeping me interested!! lol!! :smoker: