Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who buttered ya bread ?

25%
13%
63%
By rosm1 Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:00 pm
does the winner really have to send the samples to someone or can he/she just open a new thread and upload them somewhere?
By pk1 Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:31 pm
you have to pm obi or i.

i think quick can too.

nice tracks fellas.
not many entries this week. all good quality ones though.
emwu23 was real nice. wouldn't know what that sample was..
but needed stronger change ups. nice track brotha.

going with rosm. nice bounce man.
By rosm1 Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:25 am
pk1 wrote:you have to pm obi or i.

i think quick can too.

thank you for clearing this up
By emwu23 Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:31 pm
pk1 wrote:
emwu23 was real nice. wouldn't know what that sample was.
but needed stronger change ups. nice track brotha.

Hey PK1,thanks ,I used samples from Bad Card,chopped for really small pieces.
Outside drums only,and yeah maybe more change up would be better.

Thanks ,

My vote goes to rosm1 ,nice beat !
By pk1 Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:46 pm
i many times spend allot of time getting the main sequence together, then get stuck on figuring out a hook or change ups.

one of my tricks (if i have time) is to leave it for a couple hours. come back with same samples but kinda start all over. almost a hole different beat. i then decide from there what direction to go. maybe trash the old one. maybe just tweak one to suit the other and combine. or if all else fails just do some drum drops. and track mutes.

your beats have came along way. back when thob rom was here running his mouth for no reason. he was always on your tracks though (that were pretty simple at the time)

thobrom
"I feel kinda bad for emwu.
Had the best or close to the best entries for the last 4-5 weeks but never gets no votes."

dip shit saw your potential. and you have exceeded his expectations.
By bu-shi Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:47 pm
I went for RosmOne. Nice tracks guys. I didnt have time to do mine this week to make the vote but I did a track today with the samples.

Peace

By emwu23 Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm
pk1 wrote:i many times spend allot of time getting the main sequence together, then get stuck on figuring out a hook or change ups.

one of my tricks (if i have time) is to leave it for a couple hours. come back with same samples but kinda start all over. almost a hole different beat. i then decide from there what direction to go. maybe trash the old one. maybe just tweak one to suit the other and combine. or if all else fails just do some drum drops. and track mutes.

I feel you on this.Time is your worst enemy,when it comes to beat battles is so valuable.When you have family ,a kid, day to day job ,it is really hard to came out with something good.When I have more time I trying to make a beat with few stages ,I am making some initial sequences ,I take a break for say like 1-2hrs or
a day off ,coming back to it ,listening again,changing what is not good enough for me,adding something.Arranging is the next one ,drums drops ,mutes etc.Mixing is next stage when I usually changing lots of things or less it depends.
By emwu23 Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:26 pm
pk1 wrote:

your beats have came along way. back when thob rom was here running his mouth for no reason. he was always on your tracks though (that were pretty simple at the time)

thobrom
Had the best or close to the best entries for the last 4-5 weeks but never gets no votes."

dip **** saw your potential. and you have exceeded his expectations.

Yeah I remeber that :) ,but I must say one of the best mpc beat battles beats I did at early stages of beat battling ovesr here in my opinion of course was on bb65,and I would not say it was simple,till today I think it is really good beat and interesting one.

You know for me personally the main breakthrough was when I just started to take a part in these battles,before I was torturing my friends with my beats :-D
hey have a hear what I made...

After I started to participate here I joined stonesthrows beat battles as well
and I really enjoyed to take a part in both of these beat battles.Thanks to this I push myself to do (whenever I have time) 2 beats per weeek.
Also thanks to this my skills are getting higher I know that and I can hear that.

Yes and this is true my beats came along way,thanks PK1 really appreciate!
By rosm1 Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:57 pm
emwu23 wrote:
pk1 wrote:

thobrom

dip **** saw your potential. and you have exceeded his expectations.

Yeah I remeber that :) ,but I must say one of the best mpc beat battles beats I did at early stages of beat battling ovesr here in my opinion of course was on bb65,and I would not say it was simple,till today I think it is really good beat and interesting one.

You know for me personally the main breakthrough was when I just started to take a part in these battles,before I was torturing my friends with my beats :-D
hey have a hear what I made...

After I started to participate here I joined stonesthrows beat battles as well
and I really enjoyed to take a part in both of these beat battles.Thanks to this I push myself to do (whenever I have time) 2 beats per weeek.
Also thanks to this my skills are getting higher I know that and I can hear that.

Yes and this is true my beats came along way,thanks PK1 really appreciate!

I think simple is not bad. most of the time simple is better in my opinion. just take dr dre beats for example.
I feel you on the short time window part. and most of the time I want to start and beat and finish it right away for a battle. I'm not even participating because I really want to win it and I don't try to be as perfect as it can be. I just look what I can do with the samples and try to improve a bit. I like the being part of it thing and the feedback, the community. people I know personally can't really appreciate the work of a beatmaker like you say, too. that's why I like the community thing in these battles/projects.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:38 pm
Arrangement, layout, FORMULA, you learn straight up Hiphop chopping here, and Stonesthrow is basically a place to push into the I wouldn't do that zone, I can knock the hardest stuff out till the cows come home, took me a while to learn texture atmosphere and other dynamics to improve whats being heard. Unfortunately if there's not a Dilla undertone you will be dam lucky to see your name in the vote, saw Quickfire's post asking if it's a producer battle or beat battle, same thing I asked 2 years ago and I changed my way of getting involved, I sure ain't making some neo soul tune to appease and get votes though.

ask PK what my first beats were like, I could cause a breakdown within 30 secs of the song, layering was all over the shop kicks and snares phasing all over the shop, no quantising to the point, when it was in time, I'd pull it out just wind people up.

Just doing the percs for my STBB funnily enough, have the next one up soon.
By emwu23 Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:30 pm
rosm1 wrote:

I think simple is not bad. most of the time simple is better in my opinion. just take dr dre beats for example.
I feel you on the short time window part. and most of the time I want to start and beat and finish it right away for a battle. I'm not even participating because I really want to win it and I don't try to be as perfect as it can be. I just look what I can do with the samples and try to improve a bit. I like the being part of it thing and the feedback, the community. people I know personally can't really appreciate the work of a beatmaker like you say, too. that's why I like the community thing in these battles/projects.

Of course it is not.It all depends how simple things with the beat you will turn into something which would be interested enough to keep listener with you till the end of your work with curiosity.The feedback,the communty is another thing I really like in those beat battles.I really want to somebody to kick my ass with comment which will make me to improve my beat next time.On the other hand it is always
nice to hear/read you did what people like.
By emwu23 Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:43 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Arrangement, layout, FORMULA, you learn straight up Hiphop chopping here, and Stonesthrow is basically a place to push into the I wouldn't do that zone, I can knock the hardest stuff out till the cows come home, took me a while to learn texture atmosphere and other dynamics to improve whats being heard. Unfortunately if there's not a Dilla undertone you will be dam lucky to see your name in the vote, saw Quickfire's post asking if it's a producer battle or beat battle, same thing I asked 2 years ago and I changed my way of getting involved, I sure ain't making some neo soul tune to appease and get votes though.

ask PK what my first beats were like, I could cause a breakdown within 30 secs of the song, layering was all over the shop kicks and snares phasing all over the shop, no quantising to the point, when it was in time, I'd pull it out just wind people up.

Just doing the percs for my STBB funnily enough, have the next one up soon.

Obi I am not sure if I follow.You would not do the zone with the stonesthrow?
I mean I really don't mind it is not a real straight hiphop battle .In one of your post you stated it is like an avantgarde and to be honest I am ok with that at least you can hear some progress from an independent producers which is a good thing IMO.
About the votes when you have no Dilla feel in your beat well it is true.but I do not give a f... about the votes.