Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who buttered ya bread ?

25%
13%
63%
By bu-shi Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:56 pm
I think its great doing beat battles to learn and do maybe things you wouldnt do if you was just making beats, Always great to see what other ways people come up with flipping the sample. You should always make music to what you feel though, never do beats to get likes. For me in these battles I always try to go out my way and do something a little different then I think people will.
By emwu23 Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:09 pm
bu-shi wrote:I think its great doing beat battles to learn and do maybe things you wouldnt do if you was just making beats, Always great to see what other ways people come up with flipping the sample. You should always make music to what you feel though, never do beats to get likes. For me in these battles I always try to go out my way and do something a little different then I think people will.

You excactly expressed what I wanted :-D
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:53 pm
emwu23 wrote:
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Arrangement, layout, FORMULA, you learn straight up Hiphop chopping here, and Stonesthrow is basically a place to push into the I wouldn't do that zone, I can knock the hardest stuff out till the cows come home, took me a while to learn texture atmosphere and other dynamics to improve whats being heard. Unfortunately if there's not a Dilla undertone you will be dam lucky to see your name in the vote, saw Quickfire's post asking if it's a producer battle or beat battle, same thing I asked 2 years ago and I changed my way of getting involved, I sure ain't making some neo soul tune to appease and get votes though.

ask PK what my first beats were like, I could cause a breakdown within 30 secs of the song, layering was all over the shop kicks and snares phasing all over the shop, no quantising to the point, when it was in time, I'd pull it out just wind people up.

Just doing the percs for my STBB funnily enough, have the next one up soon.

Obi I am not sure if I follow.You would not do the zone with the stonesthrow?
I mean I really don't mind it is not a real straight hiphop battle .In one of your post you stated it is like an avantgarde and to be honest I am ok with that at least you can hear some progress from an independent producers which is a good thing IMO.
About the votes when you have no Dilla feel in your beat well it is true.but I do not give a f... about the votes.

It's quite a big battle and hard to get honest feedback over there especially now loads of the old school have dropped off, the avantgarde side of things can turn into mush after like 60 beats all with the same approach, meaning it taught me to make softer stuff so the dynamics of my beats aren't full charge ahead all the time which helps bring the flow of your formula out. I also learn't they aren't a hiphop label thus attracting some strange beat makers, they're people that are into stonesthrow artists. a lot of people will drop a beat over there, and be confused to the response, never what they expect.
By emwu23 Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:22 pm
[/quote]

It's quite a big battle and hard to get honest feedback over there especially now loads of the old school have dropped off, the avantgarde side of things can turn into mush after like 60 beats all with the same approach, meaning it taught me to make softer stuff so the dynamics of my beats aren't full charge ahead all the time which helps bring the flow of your formula out. I also learn't they aren't a hiphop label thus attracting some strange beat makers, they're people that are into stonesthrow artists. a lot of people will drop a beat over there, and be confused to the response, never what they expect.[/quote]

Yes it is a big battle ,and yes it can turn into mush with the same approach, I agree with that.Obi would you be able to explain me please the last sentence a little bit closer.
By pk1 Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:06 am
i think he meant like you may be a hip hop producer. drop a nice break beat, a real solid track. and the votes went to some corny bleep bleep blap stuff.

y'all been in here chopping it up today. i was out building a playset we got for the kids in the fall. :P

I agree with what what you guys are saying. this is a much personal spot to contend. its nice they are so different as well. But there are far to many people submitting over there. takes me two days to vote. and a ton of avantgarbage to skip threw.
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:54 pm
Pardon my ignorance, the reason I never competed at Stones throw,I found the site hard to navigate. This layout here is user friendly.