Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:55 pm
SAMPLE PACK:
http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/TNcWIQ07/file.html

RULES:

- outside drums, keys, bass, vocal cuts, scratches allowed
- the use of a complete acapella is not allowed

special rules (MUST):
- use at least one of the given drums of the sample file or layer at least one drum hit with your own drums

- use vocal cuts/skits/shouts

- have FUN ;)

Deadline Friday 20th Feb 2015
By pk1 Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:08 am
really like the random pack of samples over the single track method.

thx brotha
By inflict3 Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:34 am
sweet!! messing with these samples now :)
By rosm1 Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:52 am
I hope you like the samples. Hopefully, it's not too basic, but with chopping up it should be possible to create something nice.
By rosm1 Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:53 am
pk1 wrote:really like the random pack of samples over the single track method.

thx brotha

yeah, I like that, too :). you're welcome.
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:38 pm
Much appreciated bro.I always got flak for my mixes. I guess everyone has different treated rooms,speakers,etc.

I've spent money on monitors and a decent Mackie board so I guess it's all subjective.

Without a certified engineer, you probably won't get that "commercial quality ".Believe me I'm working on it.

Oh yeah, bear in mind that I have an all hardware setup with the MPC 500 as the main gear used.My approach is very old school which maybe a gift and a curse.Software offers many advantages audio wise to make mixes more big and polished. I have a comfortable work flow right now and would hate to complicate things.

I initially started my journey with the MPC 500 coming from the Yamaha SU700 to prove tangible proof that it is not a toy.I found a machine I can fully express myself with musically. Peace

Ps.Special shout to Lampdog for suggesting the speakers,and ILL GREEN for answers when I first started. Good peoples.
By rosm1 Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:45 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:
Without a certified engineer, you probably won't get that "commercial quality ".

exactly. there's a reason why every producer has a mixing engineer. in my opinion picking the right sounds from the beginning is the best method as a non pro. sometimes less mixing is more and most mixing plugins aren't designed to get pro sound.

I also have studio monitors, but I don't use them anymore, because a) they don't help me in my non-treated room and b) they just tell me that the mix is always too full.

the only solution I see is sampling from (modern) records and doing little mixing/mastering on songs or letting a track mix and master with single stems and use the same sounds in every song. there's a reason why pete rock, 9th wonder, kane and other producers use the same drums in every song. even if it's just the main layer, they use the same samples again and again, just with different eq, because it works and makes things easier.
By MA Beats Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:12 am
Congrats on the win on the previous battle!

Really sick samples this week ... enjoyed em to tha MAX!!!

Only used a pella and a SAX sound.... rest are from the awesome samples provided.
By foeny518 Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:45 pm
great samples, got a few scenes workin quickly.

this will by my first submission - greets all, long time lurker here.
granted i get it arranged on time :x

lookin forward to the beats
By QuickStrike Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:47 pm

[size=200]Without a certified engineer, you probably won't get that "commercial quality ".Believe me I'm working on it.[/size]

You are correct on that statement. They say you can't shine a turd. But in 2015 you can make one in to a gold record. With a Perfect mix, a million effects, hyper swing, side chain compression and auto tune/melodyne skills. I hear beats that are just 3 notes and a 2 bar loop turn in to amazing complex arrangements just from using stutter edit.

i just hope i can spot a real good track unmixed or processed...

What secret does the year 2025 have for the music Industry. :popcorn:
By pk1 Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:13 pm
foeny518 wrote:great samples, got a few scenes workin quickly.

this will by my first submission - greets all, long time lurker here.
granted i get it arranged on time :x

lookin forward to the beats

word up welcome to the sessions.

QuickStrike wrote:

[size=200]Without a certified engineer, you probably won't get that "commercial quality ".Believe me I'm working on it.[/size]

You are correct on that statement. They say you can't shine a turd. But in 2015 you can make one in to a gold record. With a Perfect mix, a million effects, hyper swing, side chain compression and auto tune/melodyne skills. I hear beats that are just 3 notes and a 2 bar loop turn in to amazing complex arrangements just from using stutter edit.

i just hope i can spot a real good track unmixed or processed...

What secret does the year 2025 have for the music Industry. :popcorn:

very tru man. i don't even consider the rendered tracks with a limiter on them mixes. what i do hear is a bunch of sample pack sound kits that give the perception of a good mix. which is what Rosm1 said
in my opinion picking the right sounds from the beginning is the best method as a non pro.
this is what most kids are doing. now days there are basically buying pre processed stems. throw a couple of those on a sample chopped track and you have this big Proish sounding track. then change rules samples only no outside sounds. watch how many don't show up to the battle. then those that do.. well have a very different sound.

i think there are some really nice beat makers banging around in these battles. Dazastah and qiuckstrike are two cats id like to share studio time with. i don't even like allot of quicks beats. to trappy for me. any 16th/32nd high hats usually gets a channel change immediately. But he has allot of action. changes samples from sounding anything like the OG sample. utilizes efx i never thought of or heard b4.

but then again i here things in some of the beginners tracks that inspire me in a completely different way.

Biggups to all ya'll!
By jsf Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:05 pm
yo!

I have submitted an entry for this one, but am wondering if the rules have changed since last time i participated.

In the group says "We'll make all tracks live on voting day - nothing goes live before that!"

We need to keep the tunes private or something?
By pk1 Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:44 pm
no. most people repost within this thread so anybody can preview.

what that means is that the mpc-group on soundcloud is private. and we only accept beat battle tracks in that group. as mods we only accept and decline that group once a week.

the warning is for when you submit and don't see it... and why that is.
By jsf Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 pm
cool, thanks for the enlightenment mayne!

not sure i should share, i might have cheated a lot lol

well, here goes nothing