Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By jsf Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:30 pm
Used a few native filters/eqs here and there, a vintage filter, 1 compressor in the master and a limiter just to crank everything up a bit

By mattman121775 Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:04 am
Most standard effects can be created in a sampler. So if you really need a chorus effect, or a delay etc. there are ways to do that.
Even reverb can be sampled in.
I actually tried to sample the reverb from the snare that had it since I didn't like the snare lol. I couldn't get it to sound like I wanted so I ditched the idea though.
Anyway making your own effects is fun, and opens up some creativity that we don't usually use with all the vst's out there.

By hok-2 Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:08 pm
I've been trying to make a beat out of these samples, is it just me or are they all just horrible? :hmmm:

Haha no offense meant, I respect that taste in sound and music is a personal thing and we all have our own opinions.

I like the plucky type bass note and the sine wave type noise
But I'm struggling to do anything pleasing with the synth/organ sample
And the break ...and the snares...
Plus no open hi hat....

A bad workman always blames his tools hey.
Anyway, I'm not trying to b*tch about it or diss the o.p I'm digging the no vst rule and the back to basics approach.
I'll have another go.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:15 pm
hok-2 wrote:I've been trying to make a beat out of these samples, is it just me or are they all just horrible? :hmmm:

Haha no offense meant, I respect that taste in sound and music is a personal thing and we all have our own opinions.

Plus no open hi hat....

Anyway, I'm not trying to b*tch about it or diss the o.p I'm digging the no vst rule and the back to basics approach.
I'll have another go.

It's not that they are horrible ha ha! they don't go, I've done it on purpose, as For the synth sample, try pitching it right down, loop it, sidechain it. Get that problem solved first and your away.

As for the break it has swing, unless you want your beat to swing, your gonna have to get in there and chop it to bits, layer with you own kicks and the snares you don't like.

So to cap off, it is the tools, but own them make them yours !
By Doc00Cosel Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:37 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:
hok-2 wrote:I've been trying to make a beat out of these samples, is it just me or are they all just horrible? :hmmm:

Plus no open hi hat....

I'll have another go.

It's not that they are horrible ha ha! they don't go, I've done it on purpose, as For the synth sample, try pitching it right down, loop it, sidechain it. Get that problem solved first and your away.

As for the break it has swing, unless you want your beat to swing, your gonna have to get in there and chop it to bits, layer with you own kicks and the snares you don't like.

I Thought we couldn't use our own Kicks and snares?
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:12 pm
Doc00Cosel wrote:
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:

Plus no open hi hat....

I'll have another go.

I Thought we couldn't use our own Kicks and snares?

Not snares, you can with kicks I added it as I forgot to put them in the pack.
By hok-2 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:

Plus no open hi hat....

I'll have another go.

Thanks man
What's 'side chain' meen ?

But you're right, I need to try harder
it's been making me do some odd stuff in a unknown time signature.

Not sure I can pull it back together
I'm going to try feeding it into the S3000
That should work.

:smoker:
By peeping tom Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:20 am
fixed my 1k last night, with any luck ill be coming thru tonight with my beat!
By CxLocc Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:38 am
recorded samples direct into a mpc2500. just added a lil reverb and eq used. No outside sounds. everything done like always in the mpc & straight back out as a WAV.
By Chillin Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:47 pm
I took a sneak peak today, and love the sound pack provided. :-D

I had to rush it though. :evil:

Same thing, with a different snare (preferable my own). :nod:

By jsf Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:08 pm
Mink wrote:Had all manner of problems with the latest Akai software update which made sequencing a bit of a nightmare, but here's mine....simple but funky :)

love it :lol: