Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By mattman121775 Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:22 pm
hok-2. It's all good. The first board I used to frequent back 12-14 years back was ughh.com, and bullying was expected over there lol.
They would tell you when you were wack. Mostly constructive criticism tbh.
But when you attack a whole group it's bad taste. Most importantly be ready to bring heat when you drop bombs like that.

On a side note I find this thread more entertaining than usual. :-D
By CHOPFYT Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:29 pm
True say some lame beats take the prize but whining about it wont change things dude...if your ego needs stroking you best make your way to the nearest mirror

By mastasteez Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:48 pm
I've voted in the last 3 and think good beats won. That TT beat was fire.

I don't understand though, how last week the winner was called on Saturday. Thought voting went til Sunday midnight :hmmm:
By CHOPFYT Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:13 pm
yeah that TT one was heat...me too i did vote but it was too late and the results were so close which sort of feeds hoks (overactive) paranoia
By MA Beats Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:22 pm
richie wrote:
Kzee Beatz wrote:Congrats on the win! :)

Heres my flip...

https://soundcloud.com/martinabeats/put ... -mpcbb-110

This sounds like some EL-P type of ****! :smoker:

Haha thx Richie! Just listened to El-P - "The Full Retard"and funny enough i ended up with some similar sounds :lol:
By Mink Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:36 pm
I'm wondering if the comments are just due to how shit is voted for on here. If so, I can kinda understand - but the way it was communicated was just wrong.

Different producers have different styles and voters have their own likes and dislikes which influence which way they go with their votes. Personally speaking, I tend to like beats with a real groove, a bit of funk or something that gets the head nodding - others will prefer more atmospheric, abstract or experimental beats. Thats cool, and means sometimes that I'm not feeling the winning beat, or feel pissed that my beat is being slept on. That doesn't mean the winning beat is 'wack' though - just isn't my thing.

One of the key things here for me is developing and trying stuff I may not try ordinarily. Part of that is trying to latch into tastes and cater for that whilst still keeping my own style. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. But each week I feel I get *better* which is the key thing.

I liked last week when people made comments saying why they liked who they voted for as well as just clicking the voting button. Thats great and helps a lot. I'm not expecting dissections of 'wack' beats by way of constructive crit to happen all the time but at least knowing what people *like* helps provide feedback to everyone.

Sorry for rattling on, jus' saying'...
By mastasteez Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 pm
CHOPFYT wrote:yeah that TT one was heat...me too i did vote but it was too late and the results were so close which sort of feeds hoks (overactive) paranoia

Maybe this weekends - and beyond - voting system should be outlined in this thread or the main vote thread so I and others can get a vote in, in time.

I don't look for the best flip technically or who put the most work in. I listen for what my head nods too, much like Mink said, and go from there. no 'dikridin' going on methinks.
By richie Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:05 pm
If I did have to say one thing; some of you may want to take a bit longer on your beats instead of racing to see who is going to be the first to upload. In past battles, I've heard some with levels all off, clipping on the chops, basslines off pitch, it distracted from whatever it was you were trying to convey.

Also there is no reason for some of you to talk sh*t about other peoples beats if you are too p*ssy to upload your own submissions for the same critique. If you can't offer anything constructive then eat a d*ck.
By RichPage Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:23 pm
I find this great practice. It gives you something you might otherwise never use or do. I like it when you get a basic kit and you can only use whats been given to you. I don't do these to win or do I get butt hurt when I think my beat sounded better than someone else's. No ones fronting or trying to be something there not. Guess you just burned your bridges here hok-2 because even if some how you make a dope beat no one here will give you the credit you don't deserve.
By pk1 Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:42 pm
not necessarily my brotha. The internet has become a safe haven for people to front. Act out towards someone else in a manner never attempted in person. kinda like drivers.

And this place is pretty lax. He could drop a heater, and over half the votes from most of the commenters would give him a pass on his actions.

on the topic of vote times..http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=152197

scroll on down to the yellow highlight section.

the reason the vote went longer is cause i fell asleep at the MPC friday night. (my bad) woke up early and posted thread. because of this the auto timeline of the vote was also extended. We cut it off sun morning(same time i posted} with boohman and i in a tie. in the process of getting 110 posted more votes came threw. I would like the battles to start on monday myself. but as they are now. in the rules we will ride.

soo.. as usual let the tracks talk.
By mastasteez Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:23 pm
My bad. Not sure why but always thought they ran Monday-Friday and voting at the weekend.

Thanks for clarifying.
By Coz Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:55 pm
pk1 wrote:the reason the vote went longer is cause i fell asleep at the MPC friday night.

That's dedication for you! :nod:

You woke up, finished the beat and it happened to be a banger?!! :mrgreen: :smoker:
By Mink Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:15 pm
Ok heres my submission for this week.

All beats/bass from the samples

Used additional samples from :
Chuck Mangione "Feels So Good', The Happy Birthday Party Songs 45 , Gary Numan "The Image Is", Ohio Players "Rollercoaster" And some claps from the Inspirational Choir of the First Born Church of the Living God (I have no idea why I have that single in my collection as a hardened athiest but hey!)

By pk1 Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:25 am
Coz wrote:
pk1 wrote:the reason the vote went longer is cause i fell asleep at the MPC friday night.

That's dedication for you! :nod:

You woke up, finished the beat and it happened to be a banger?!! :mrgreen: :smoker:

:nod: nah I had submitted a couple days earlier. Was working on a personal track. But ya. Love banging and creating.