Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By illhack Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:44 pm
KappNeffect wrote:Rules:

1.Drum breaks are optional.
2.Use Quik and Main Ingredient samples... (Quik got bass, drums, and/or vocals)
3.Use something from Up in Smoke

Download Links:

1. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/770 ... 1_Pack.zip
2. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/770 ... 0Smoke.wav

Deadline: 4/20!!! @Midnight

EDIT: I meant 4/17 @Midnight ...I was high when I made this thread hahaha(jokes..maybe). If any issues, we can keep the 4/20 date

Can we keep the 4/20 deadline!!!!!!!
I had a rough week and thought i had more time to bang a beat tomorrow........................
By Mink Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:56 pm
Not wanting to be an **** about this, but surely we can't change the deadline on the eve of the original deadline?

The whole thing about this battle is there is a set weekly rotation. If you are saying we move the deadline to midnight on Monday then it means the next battle isn't up until Wednesday, so effectively there is no beat battle next week.

I've been pushed for time this week to pull something together due to work issues, but I've constructed *something* to hit the deadline tonight and moved a few things around to accommodate finishing it off and uploading it.

It's not my battle and I don't make the rules so just saying things from my point of view. Maybe no-one else cares :)
By bu-shi Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:38 pm
I think moving to Monday is good. I've never got time in the week. I'm sure the same goes with most people. Having it so you can work on a beat at the weekend would be great.
By KappNeffect Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:20 pm
Mink wrote:Not wanting to be an **** about this, but surely we can't change the deadline on the eve of the original deadline?

The whole thing about this battle is there is a set weekly rotation. If you are saying we move the deadline to midnight on Monday then it means the next battle isn't up until Wednesday, so effectively there is no beat battle next week.

I've been pushed for time this week to pull something together due to work issues, but I've constructed *something* to hit the deadline tonight and moved a few things around to accommodate finishing it off and uploading it.

It's not my battle and I don't make the rules so just saying things from my point of view. Maybe no-one else cares :)

well... I f*cked up the original post and didn't catch it right away. So it's not fair to all who ran with that date.

bu-shi wrote:I think moving to Monday is good. I've never got time in the week. I'm sure the same goes with most people. Having it so you can work on a beat at the weekend would be great.

Sounds like an idea to me! ...but people may say "it Starts on Sat, so just do it right after one ends." :lol: :lol:
By Mink Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:22 pm
bu-shi wrote:I think moving to Monday is good. I've never got time in the week. I'm sure the same goes with most people. Having it so you can work on a beat at the weekend would be great.

Personally I prefer the current structure as it allows a full Saturday for people to listen and vote, and gives a full Sunday for starting to pull the next beat together.

Either way and whatever is decided, it shouldn't surely change THIS weeks deadline....not on the Friday, anyway
By Mink Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:23 pm
KappNeffect wrote:
Mink wrote:Not wanting to be an **** about this, but surely we can't change the deadline on the eve of the original deadline?

well... I f*cked up the original post and didn't catch it right away. So it's not fair to all who ran with that date.

You mean the one guy.

You don't set the dates anyway, they are in the rules thread
By KappNeffect Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:25 pm
Mink wrote:You mean the one guy.

Oh yeah, what was I thinking. :lol: :lol:
By Mink Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:28 pm
KappNeffect wrote:
Mink wrote:You mean the one guy.

Oh yeah, what was I thinking. :lol: :lol:

:)

Theres a thread to discuss the FAQ/Rules and a few cats have already brought this up so it's worthy of discussion. But there has to be a framework, otherwise the next winner could set a 2-day deadline, then the next a 2-week one - it would become a **** just to work out when things were due!
By bu-shi Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:30 pm
Mink wrote:

Personally I prefer the current structure as it allows a full Saturday for people to listen and vote, and gives a full Sunday for starting to pull the next beat together.

Either way and whatever is decided, it shouldn't surely change THIS weeks deadline....not on the Friday, anyway

Yea but most of the time the beat battle goes up on Monday. Although pk1 has been getting the battles up quick lately :-D
By Mink Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:42 pm
bu-shi wrote:
Mink wrote:

Yea but most of the time the beat battle goes up on Monday. Although pk1 has been getting the battles up quick lately :-D

I agree that Monday is too late, but Sunday morning would work. Key thing is there needs to be enough time for votes, which is why the full Saturday for voting works well. All IMO though of course.... :)