Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:46 pm
Yo Big ups to Bushi. stepped up and grabbed us some samples thank you sir.

http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/0rDO5WA9/file.html

Rules:
open do what you do.
Must use sample in some way.

tracks need to be submitted by midnight, friday. {UK time}
to the MPC-Forum soundcloud group.
By pk1 Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:54 pm
KappNeffect wrote:A just removed the thread I threw up... you beat me by 1 minute lol.

:lol:
i saw that i was trying to delete mine!

i pm'd you the same line. word. at least its up and there is an extra set of samples for next flaked battle tittle.
By bu-shi Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:56 pm
I just want to repost what I said in the 112 vote post as I think its relevent to the sample being a Zeppelin one.

Something I think is quite cool, I work in High Street Kensington and Jimmy Page comes in our shop alot, f****** legend. Ive never acknowledged him, Ive just helped him as I would every customer but everytime, I think, should this be the time I ask to shake his hand and say thankyou sir, your a f****** legend mate
Last edited by bu-shi on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By bu-shi Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:01 pm
Maybe that is something we could do PK, put up for vote some changes that could be made. The sample before you win is a great one. I still think having the dates changed is good too, I dont think you need the weekend to listen to the beats, surely that is the time to free up for people to make the beats, as that is the time people most have off, I personal dont need a whole day that im off and most people are off to listen to the entries, you know a beat is good quick as, I need that time to make the beat ! lol
By KappNeffect Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:09 pm
I like the STBB schedule--not the dbags on that forums, but the schedule.

*Sorry to my MPCBB fam on that board**
By bu-shi Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:23 pm
KappNeffect wrote:I like the STBB schedule--not the dbags on that forums, but the schedule.

*Sorry to my MPCBB fam on that board**

What is their schedule ?
By KappNeffect Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:05 pm
Each Saturday a sample is posted in the Beat Battles forum for beat makers to work. The beats must be posted on a Soundcloud group by Wednesday. Voting takes place on the board Thursday. The winner chooses the sample and sets rules for the next battle. The Beat Battles are run entirely by users of the

• Post your beat by Wednesday, 12:00AM Pacific time.
• Voting starts on the Beat Battles forum Thursday, 12:00AM Pacific time, and ends on Friday, 12:00AM Pacific time.
• Winner posts next week's new Sample & Rules on Saturday by Noon, 12:00PM Pacific time.
By bu-shi Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:18 pm
KappNeffect wrote:
Each Saturday a sample is posted in the Beat Battles forum for beat makers to work. The beats must be posted on a Soundcloud group by Wednesday. Voting takes place on the board Thursday. The winner chooses the sample and sets rules for the next battle. The Beat Battles are run entirely by users of the

• Post your beat by Wednesday, 12:00AM Pacific time.
• Voting starts on the Beat Battles forum Thursday, 12:00AM Pacific time, and ends on Friday, 12:00AM Pacific time.
• Winner posts next week's new Sample & Rules on Saturday by Noon, 12:00PM Pacific time.

See that sounds good. I was think wednesday to weds or around that. Im sure it would get alot more people taken part too, which would be great.
By bu-shi Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:19 pm
What about if the sample was up by friday, maybe.
By KappNeffect Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:38 pm
Well, let's add whatever to the feedback.. I don't want to clutter this up with unrelated talks.
By bu-shi Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:04 pm
KappNeffect wrote:Well, let's add whatever to the feedback.. I don't want to clutter this up with unrelated talks.

I agree but I was the last to post there and that was on Feb 11th .... :( don't seem to be a lot of talk there.
By Mink Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:37 pm
Personally speaking, I like having the STBB deadline being on a different day to the MPCBB for obvious reasons. If I'm pushed for time, I would end up dropping one of them.

Also it says the new beat is posted up on a Saturday, but here in the UK it's not usually until mid-way through Saturday afternoon, so doesn't make a huge amount of difference to Sunday Morning (assuming the schedule has been adhered to).

If we do move the deadline to during the week, we will need a few days for voting, as people get limited time to listen to stuff after work etc.

I think it makes sense for people to create a sample pack, so that things are ready to go if they win and I think that should be actively encouraged. But in terms of encouraging it to happen I think you have two options :
1. Stipulate in rules that if you win and don't provide a sample link within x hours, you will be DQed from the following week (although I kinda think that if you provide the sample pack, you shouldn't enter anyway but thats by the by)
or
2. Have some sample packs ready in reserve. Give the winner x hours to submit theirs after which one of the reserve packs will be used.

Anyway, just some thoughts from the top of my head.

One thing that really does need to happen is for MPC-FORUMS to re-add the 'Beat Battles' link at the top of the page, now that the new funky layout has been launched. Much easier than folk scrabbling about in folder structures to find it.
By KappNeffect Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:40 pm
Lol.. PM tutor.

bu-shi wrote:
KappNeffect wrote:Well, let's add whatever to the feedback.. I don't want to clutter this up with unrelated talks.

I agree but I was the last to post there and that was on Feb 11th .... :( don't seem to be a lot of talk there.