Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:46 pm
thanks for stepping up matt and Kapp mucho grassyass. pardon my attitude this morning fellas. I guess i should have had the coffee before turning on the ol mac to see what samples we had to post.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:03 pm
bu-shi wrote:I just want to repost what I said in the 112 vote post as I think its relevent to the sample being a Zeppelin one.

Something I think is quite cool, I work in High Street Kensington and Jimmy Page comes in our shop alot, f****** legend. Ive never acknowledged him, Ive just helped him as I would every customer but everytime, I think, should this be the time I ask to shake his hand and say thankyou sir, your a f****** legend mate

Hell Yeah!!! make him a cup of tea! sit him down! let him know he's a pain in the arse guitarist to learn his stuff though, :worthy:
By pk1 Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:54 pm
I agree. If you have seen him a few times he knows you've been respectful of his space and time. An easy going props, and back to normal business should go well.
By emwu23 Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:24 pm
Thanks for the samples Bushi,and to the winner of the last battle.

By emwu23 Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:26 pm
[quote="emwu23"]Thanks for the samples Bushi,and to the winner of the last battle.

By bu-shi Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:54 pm
All 3 entries so far are superb. Great work lads.
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:48 pm
If anybody is interested, google Jake Holmes for he is the ORIGINAL author of "Dazed and Confused"His version is stripped down and more acoustic.He had to sue in 2010 to get paid.Led Zep never fully gave him credit for stealing his shyt.It merely says "inspired" by Jake Holmes.Great song regardless.

EDIT
By bu-shi Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:30 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:If anybody is interested, google Jake Holmes for he is the ORIGINAL author of "Dazed and Confused"His version is stripped down and more acoustic.He had to sue in 2010 to get paid.Led Zep never fully gave him credit for stealing his shyt.It merely says "inspired" by Jake Holmes.Great song regardless.

So kinda makes it relevant to the battles. Page done what hip hop producers do.
By Chillin Fri May 01, 2015 9:30 am
I decided to go UK style, D&B.

I used last weeks drum samples, with snippets of the base guitar line, solo -rock guitar line, synth line, by Led.

By Chillin Fri May 01, 2015 10:47 am
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:
^^^^
Here`s mine

I feel that Brooklyn style. :-D
By illhack Fri May 01, 2015 4:30 pm
I was working on the sample and a beat when in the back a Katy Perry song on the radio synched with my beat.
Couldn't let it................

My entry for this week:
By CHOPFYT Fri May 01, 2015 7:54 pm
that sh*t was horrible hack :lol:

pretty sure Ive used this before and didnt have much joy this time either :?