Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon May 04, 2015 2:25 pm
Samples:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vfvw14

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7qizo5

Rules:
Must use samples
have track submitted to the soundcloud group by friday midnight UK time.
By nonsense913 Tue May 05, 2015 8:32 am
Building code and shit for game levels in school so tied up like crazy but made something with the samples this week. Went with the Maschine this week and couldn't settle on a certain melody so my sequence ended up all over the place lol. I did use both of the samples though.

By emwu23 Thu May 07, 2015 10:37 pm
Hi there,I used 2 samples as well,I have done like 3 beats connected altogether ,I hope you will enjoy.

By Mink Thu May 07, 2015 11:00 pm
Loop loop loop chop chop chop

I absolutely LOVED the Gene Page sample. Ripe for some old-school looping and had lots of fun with it. The first half is predominantly looped, with more chops coming in as it goes.

The TFF song however was awful. Well, at least it didn't fit my theme. I DID use a bit of it, but blink and you'll miss it.

Anyway here it is, hope you enjoy

By Chillin Fri May 08, 2015 9:53 pm
Nice tracks PK, I used both for sampling and looping.

By MA Beats Sat May 09, 2015 1:13 am
Challenging samples....managed to find some parts i thought were useful, then pitched/ stretched alot of them....

By pk1 Sat May 09, 2015 2:45 am
I'm really missing my music time. spring has me locked till sun down. I'm too tired to focus after. can't wait to **** with some of these samples.
By TT_Lab Sat May 09, 2015 10:56 am
pk1 wrote:I'm really missing my music time. spring has me locked till sun down. I'm too tired to focus after. can't wait to **** with some of these samples.

Same thing here...I've just been dad for the first time and ain't got any time of my own to focus in beatmaking!!!
By emwu23 Sat May 09, 2015 6:19 pm
TT_Lab wrote:
pk1 wrote:I'm really missing my music time. spring has me locked till sun down. I'm too tired to focus after. can't wait to **** with some of these samples.

Same thing here...I've just been dad for the first time and ain't got any time of my own to focus in beatmaking!!!

PK I know how you feel ,no time means no time for make a good beat.
I have lucky ,I have a job where I can make beats and it savs my progress.
The only thing it suffers is my octatrack sampler it is getting dust.I do not have time to use after work.
My main soundcard got **** and I am working only on HD audio shit from my laptop,Studio One is now my main sampler.

TT_lab my son is 11 this year ,but I know what you talking about ,first 2 years is hard with new born baby,good luck man ,I hope you find some time to make music.
By pk1 Sun May 10, 2015 1:22 pm
TT_Lab wrote:Same thing here...I've just been dad for the first time and ain't got any time of my own to focus in beatmaking!!!

nice congrats. i had another back in dec. and my three year old turns four next week. And the 20 year old was hear last night to eat dinner. Fortunately my old lady stays home to handle the little one. i was Mr. Mom up until beginning of February. But it turned out to be too much. My stressful temper couldnt hold it down with two. I also live on a half acre. I have a huge garden. another side garden. 3 Turkeys, one just hatched 5, 3 lived. 20 chickens. Two pigs. Bee's. and a dog! so i have a cpl mouths to feed daily.

emwu23 wrote:The only thing it suffers is my octatrack sampler it is getting dust.I do not have time to use after work.
My main soundcard got **** and I am working only on HD audio shit from my laptop,Studio One is now my main sampler.

TT_lab my son is 11 this year ,but I know what you talking about ,first 2 years is hard with new born baby,good luck man ,I hope you find some time to make music.

Nice gigman. how you liking Studio one? I got one of the big mixers awile back and it came with it but never installed it. had reaper and logic already. Tedddy seams to think its the shit.

im actually really wanting to get a vote set up for new battle hours. id like the votes to take place mid week sometime. Instead of the weekend. throw some suggestions again guys.
By emwu23 Sun May 10, 2015 3:21 pm
I like Studio One a lot ,it is a very flexible DAW and once you learn it you do things fast ,very fast ,also it is a damn stable DAW.
By Chillin Sun May 10, 2015 3:47 pm
I voted for Natural State Music,

I had a hard time choosing between emwu23 and Natural State Music.

Natural State Music, althoug your base drum got absorbed in the baseline frequency. I did dig your flow.

Emwu23, that was some complex sh... you made there bro.

This is a dedication to all members; Chillin:

Last edited by Chillin on Sun May 10, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Chillin Sun May 10, 2015 3:49 pm
emwu23 wrote:I like Studio One a lot ,it is a very flexible DAW and once you learn it you do things fast ,very fast ,also it is a damn stable DAW.

Do you use it with dedicated hardware?
By emwu23 Sun May 10, 2015 4:11 pm
[quote="Chillin"]

Emwu23, that was some complex sh... you made there bro.

Thanks man.
By emwu23 Sun May 10, 2015 4:11 pm
Chillin wrote:
emwu23 wrote:I like Studio One a lot ,it is a very flexible DAW and once you learn it you do things fast ,very fast ,also it is a damn stable DAW.

Do you use it with dedicated hardware?

Yes I do ,mouse and keyboard :)