Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Sun May 17, 2015 2:38 pm
lets see what you guys got this week.

Rules:
1 Must use samples.
2 no outside drums.
3 Must have hook/chorus. (sing it, rap it, remix it, scratch it. i don't care, but there must be a hook with words} :mrgreen:
4 Verses must be open. meaning no remixes or vocal on main sequences. i wanna hear your beat.
5 Track needs to be submitted to the Soundcloud group by friday's midnight. {uk time zone}
https://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums-com-beat-battles

Samples:
http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/owx4saMt/file.html

anybody recognize who used the Mystic woods sample?
after recording it and trimming it i realized where i heard it....
By pk1 Mon May 18, 2015 1:18 am
With no outside drums brotha your track won't be correct...

They are wav files if I recal. Perhaps the sample quality is too high. You can always sample from computer. By just playing wav file from other devise...
By Chillin Mon May 18, 2015 12:46 pm
Reefer Madness wrote:Hi everyone. Really like the new quick voting time, so i can get down again sometimes. Congrats Pk1, nice samples (probably used by Apollo Brown?) My MPC couldn´t read the drums and the jimmy castor bunch sample. Found that sample, but had 2 use other drums..

You've set a nice standard here. We have to kick it up a notch or two now.

You can use a converter for those sounds.
By Borat Mon May 18, 2015 9:58 pm
Nice samples, here is my beat

By pk1 Tue May 19, 2015 3:46 am
Reefer Madness wrote:Nevermind, thx pk1 and chillin. Count me out of competition if i don´t find time 4 a change up.

ahh man you gotta switch em out. thats a nice track.. {but the drums are week :wink:}

thats what im talkin about though! you two already bringing in the heat. nice tracks fellas.
By Ocular Tue May 19, 2015 4:58 pm
pk1 wrote:
Reefer Madness wrote:Nevermind, thx pk1 and chillin. Count me out of competition if i don´t find time 4 a change up.

ahh man you gotta switch em out. thats a nice track.. {but the drums are week :wink:}

thats what im talkin about though! you two already bringing in the heat. nice tracks fellas.

Yes switch out the drums for the ones in the sample pack and thats it! Instant contender :nod:
By Mink Tue May 19, 2015 10:24 pm
pk1 wrote:
They are wav files if I recal. Perhaps the sample quality is too high. You can always sample from computer. By just playing wav file from other devise...

It's the opposite. The track is an .M4A file which is lossier than WAV

Problem is the MPC won't read it. Good news is that some other software does....I just dragged it into Audition then saved as WAV. Not sure I'll have time to pull anything together for this, but you never know...
By pk1 Wed May 20, 2015 1:45 pm
im talking about the drums brotha. they are wav. i wasn't worried about converting the m4a cause you could just play it in your media player and sample it from there. the drums are probably 24 bit where his mp prob only takes 16. i grabbed that track from my hard drive where i sampled the other threw my mp. just given y'all options. pardon the hassle. but a little work gives pride to finished product.
By emwu23 Wed May 20, 2015 5:12 pm
Congratz PK1 and thanks for the samples !

By RichPage Wed May 20, 2015 9:57 pm
Missed the last couple but had some time today so I banged one out, no outside samples