Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track for round 120

33%
N/A
33%
33%
N/A
By pk1 Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:45 am
Time for vote 120

Rules:
Don't vote for self
Keep comments constructive
Vote only goes for 24 hrs

Let em know what you thought.

https://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forum ... at-battles
By Ed Milligram Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:31 am
Morning all. I just listened to all beats posted and Im trying to cast a vote, with no luck. I dont see a poll like usual, dunno wtf ..
My Vote goes for IV
Duz Dee 2nd place
pz
By Mink Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:46 am
I'm starting to feel like the beat battles here are really not worth the effort.

few people participate. Even fewer people vote. Almost no-one leaves feedback on the tracks (props to ivory and ed for doing that this week).

Perhaps I'm just grumpy today :(
By pk1 Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:59 pm
Ya mink I feel that. We would have gotten better results had we all voted for self. I know a. Bunch of heads don't really like the timeline. For instance I actually got the vote up on time this round. Kinda, more like two o'clock uk time. Since it only runs for the 24. Most have missed it. I have always been disappointed in the vote results here. Usually less votes then beats. I will have to admit I have not been participating as much as should be. I enjoy the mpc battles allot. I like the laid back mello vibe. Kinda care free. Not really a big deal shit. But it's drifted a little farther. Today will be a bad day to get ahold of Andy and try to change the timeline up. But I will work on some stuff today. I'll get us some samples rolling for next round.

I ended up voting for Ed milli ! The track was differant. Kinda funky. Didn't
Ike the no drums at first but after a little piff. I seen the magic.

I'll work on something fun this week.
By Reefer Madness Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:13 pm
voting ended already.
Noctur: Nice chops and clean mix. Good track but u almost followed the sample
Mink: like Ed mentioned all good but the synth is horrible (no offense grumpy cat :)
Duz Dee: Lovely swing and laid back tune
Ed: something very different. Good chops that even work without hard drumming 4 me. But would have loved it if the come in at some point @ the end.
Viking: nice bass, drumming on point - smooth yeah
Let´s roll 121!
By Keith's Lard Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:11 pm
My bad missed the vote, been out playing football for an eternity :(

Would have voted Viking though, real dope beat! i also liked Noctur's a lot too, smokey vibe.

I thought the actual sample was fire but i personally couldn't do it any justice - so i chickened out :lol:
By Ocular Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:57 pm
I try to at least vote every week. Sometimes I (regrettably) miss it though. Mink, this is the lowest voter turnout I have seen in awhile. In fact, this might be the lowest ever. Don't give up it's usually better than this.

Edit: I've noticed holiday or event weekends (ie: Father's Day, like this weekend) usually have low turnouts. People are crazy busy.
By boswachter Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 am
Maybe you should let the battle run for two weeks and the voting one week.
Slow it down a bit to give more people the chance to participate.