Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who You Got?!

N/A
N/A
25%
63%
13%
By KappNeffect Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:24 am
reefer - nice work, bro
sausage - keep at it maaan!
keith - another nice one here
ivory - voted for you.. love that kick arrangement
By johndope Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:59 pm
vote for kappneffect. great work with samples, vibe too
By pk1 Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:44 pm
Damn. Thx fellas. ya'll been diggin my stuff lately. And its very much appreciated. :worthy:

hey Sausage, welcome to the battles. The panning with vocals was cool. and the high energy was not bad either. if there was something i would think needed to be done different it would be the high hats. its alright to let the hats drive the groove or the track. but when there too loud or to constant they get in the way. for instance they would be all over an mc vocals. I always try to give most of the sounds a little room to breath once in a while. And first tip i like to give guys just firing up their beat machines. Is turn off that sequencer. Meaning no 1/8, 1/16 locking your hits in on time. play it and program the drums as much as you can on your own. you will get better faster and you will find your own sound sooner. my wortless 2 cents...

keith's is pretty dope
reefer cool mellow groove
Kapps and keiths were my tuff choice. Kapp sound to me is unique. has the knowledgeable old sound with new school feel. but ima go lard for nice mix and dope groove.

if i dont see some changes in vote here in a cpl hours ill start diggin for next round.

i really do dig the love on my stuff lately. thanks again guys
By Dr_Sausage Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:10 pm
Thanks dude - great advice! I'm a drummer too, so it's always tempting to build drums like a drum kit - especially when my old teacher was a hi-hat fanatic.

Really appreciate the tips, and congratulations!
By pk1 Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:00 am
uploading samples now. gonna take an hour for 145mb! :vomit:

ive got that slow ass boosted net