Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who You Got?!

20%
40%
40%
By Keith's Lard Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:38 pm
Reefer Madness wrote:https://soundcloud.com/keiths-lard voted Keith! Don´t know why but you can´t embed the direct song link, so take a visit to his soundcloud and have a listen... :nod:

Lol, cheers bro. Yeah I probably did something wrong with the upload no idea what though haha. Voted Red shit was dope.
By Chillin Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:57 am
I voted redorigin.
By pk1 Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:31 pm
ok..... two weeks and (best said by Keithslard) three shithouse tracks! :Sigh:

I couldnt fuk with those samples to save my life. did like three tracks. and all sounded pretty gay. and i wasnt even making a house track.
i think this is why there isnt such a think as house battles. "Lets see who loops a whole track with a kik and snare 1,2" pardon if i offend any of you who may be fans but house music sucks real really bad.

ill check back couple hours to see if votes change. lets get some new samples and next battle rolling.
By Chillin Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:58 pm
The task was not to make a house track but a club track, with either a house of Hip Hop spine to it. Btw, a proper house track has a 4 on the floor (4 quarters), with a back beat on the 3rd. And a high head each half, filled in ghost-notes. That is the basics. Putting a regular drumbeat on a sample is way more simple then a 4 on the floor on an existing drumbeat, which was drummed "out of time".

I (you) can use dozens of samples from those tracks as additives, to a relative monotone beat.

Anyway, Just Blaze.

I remember dozens of those club tracks.
By KappNeffect Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:26 am
Yea, It's not that the samples wasn't nice... I just haven't had much practice in this lane so I didn't wan't a piss-poor attempt.
By Chillin Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:31 am
KappNeffect wrote:Yea, It's not that the samples wasn't nice... I just haven't had much practice in this lane so I didn't wan't a piss-poor attempt.

I certainly excepted more from you, since your style is more towards Neo-Soul, Broken Beat and Electro. There is no such thing as wrong, weak or wack samples. Everything can be tweaked into proposition.

I'll give you a hint, start with the root note, from there you go modulation.
By pk1 Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:17 pm
so it looks like it ended up as a tie, but i have samples from red so i posted.
congrats to both of you.

I wasnt trying to dis anyone. i just personally dont like house. and i would def have to disagree with you chill that a house beat is harder to put together then a realy nice break. four to the floor is pretty cut and dry. and the off beat hats are well, holding down repeat and swinging the result. i have a cpl buddies who make house. one ownes a label. i watch em draw their tracks with a mouse. pretty boring repetitive stuff. for me i play out all my drums never just midi drawn. and for me this can be difficult to get the way i want it to sound. but its probably just taste, and the way we see things. our own perceptions are sometimes completely invisible to what others perceive.
Its not that yalls track were bad at all. i just have this weird quirk about house music. i cant stand it so much that i leave, or wont go anywhere its being played. It really gets under my skin for some reason. i was going for the old school sound with my tracks. like L.O.T.N.S. but all my attempts were horrible. so im deff with Kapp here

KappNeffect wrote:Yea, It's not that the samples wasn't nice... I just haven't had much practice in this lane so I didn't wan't a piss-poor attempt.

mine were really pissy.
anyhow on to the next run. looks like its going to be interesting
By KappNeffect Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:08 pm
LMAO @Chillin giving me the disappointed father talk. :(

I didn't call the sample weak or wack, I just couldn't get it to the style of the videos that were posted is all.