Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:43 pm
Ty for the kind words :lol: and votes
BB 145 Free Jazz
samples: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/czaeu66cpuy2hao/AAAl_5Q5lNCwpeSEdO5EHpZXa?dl=0

1. chop your drums out of the sample
2. chop some Instrument up (for example some bass samples) and play something on 16 Levels or your keys
3. Try to built a full song: have fun jamming in any style u want, be it house, reggae, Rap, DNB...whatever
4. if you like to use some acapella/movie or some kind of quote - no more than 16 bars, we want to hear your instrumental too
5. cutz are of course allowed
6. no time limit

Deadline: Friday midnight
By KappNeffect Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:10 pm
So drums are strictly sample only? Or we can use others, but drums are needed from the sample too?

I have nothing better to do at the moment besides over-analyze LOL.
By Red Origin Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:55 pm
Hey Kappneffect! It should be fun and some kind of task so if you want to you can layer own drums to your fresh chops out of the sample. Congratz chilln, hope your fine with samples and theme?!
By Chillin Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:56 am
Red Origin wrote:Hey Kappneffect! It should be fun and some kind of task so if you want to you can layer own drums to your fresh chops out of the sample. Congratz chilln, hope your fine with samples and theme?!

Congrats to you too, Red Origin.

Of course 'am cool with the samples. 'Been listing to Slick Rick this morning.So, I am inspired.
By pk1 Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:11 pm
just got to peep samples. really nice choices. thx
By Chillin Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:58 pm
By JDM2 Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:10 pm
Hello all!!

This is my first beat with the MPC Ren. Some might hear it and think it is unfinished and I would agree but I am still learning how to use it.

I thought I would enter this beat in to the Beat Battle since I used the samples that were provided. The samples were great!!

By KappNeffect Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:41 pm
Pretty solid start. I'd try playing with some highs over the bassline sample...good shit though!

JDM2 wrote:Hello all!!

This is my first beat with the MPC Ren. Some might hear it and think it is unfinished and I would agree but I am still learning how to use it.

I thought I would enter this beat in to the Beat Battle since I used the samples that were provided. The samples were great!!

By JDM2 Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:16 pm
Thank you!! Any advice is appreciated. I just needed to understand how it all works. Chopping drums up and making a beat was pretty straight forward. The hard part for me was adding a sample as a melody and then adding a drum beat over that.

Once I figured out Song Mode and Sequences...that helped. I am sure if you guys that have a lot more experience with the Ren and the software saw how I did things you would tell me there is much better ways of doing things. I am quite sure the process I follow is clunky but time and practice will help iron that out. I am so happy to take part in these beat battles. I have received a lot of guidance from pk1 so now that I can crawl I need to keep practicing so that I can eventually stand up.

But any advice is welcomed and much appreciated!!

Blessings!!
By johndope Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Finished it in last minutes. Hope I catch in deadline
By pk1 Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:53 am
had to come back check rules. my understanding is thats its pretty open. cool gotta a late entry coming myself. dope samples!
By Red Origin Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:04 am
wnt down for a quick season too. Nice entries so far! :popcorn:
By pk1 Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:08 am
By KappNeffect Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:35 pm
this **** smack!!!!

johndope wrote:
Finished it in last minutes. Hope I catch in deadline