Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track

38%
13%
50%
By pk1 Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:24 pm
Vote time.

Chem Imbalance

emwu23

Keith's Lard

vote will run till sunday.
By emwu23 Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:55 pm
I voted on Keith's beat.

Chem Imbalance did very nice and pleasent to listen beat,but it's too polite for my taste :)
By JDM2 Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:15 am
All you guys did good.

Plus the samples were great too. Nicely done all!!
By pk1 Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:17 am
i had a hard time with samples this week.. :lol:

i really dig Chems vibe.
emwu23 wrote:Chem Imbalance did very nice and pleasent to listen beat,but it's too polite for my taste :)

i may agree. i dig harder or grimy tracks. specially for the battles.
but "have a nice day" makes me feel good!

Emwu track is dope doesn't fit a genre to me. like a film score. but sounds real nice. good mix. nice groove man.

keith, your track is also dope. but for the last month you have changed your mix style. (we all do) you compressing to much. i think its only the drums though. could be a master track compression and your drums are too loud in mix, so they seem squashed when sample sounds fine. what are you doing on the master track? and are you doing a drum bus mix and compressing that before what ever you have on master? pardon for not remembering but what do you make your tracks on and do you use a daw after, if its on a hardware piece?

Im emphasizing this with you cause its only since mpc 146 and stb 473 that your sound is getting squashed. lets see what your doing in the mix and if we can help.

Chem
By Keith's Lard Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:49 am
Appreciate the feedback Ivory bro. I've no real idea what i'm doing when it comes to mixing i am literally just messing about with stuff :lol: There's actually no compression on those drums i rarely use compression on them. but yeah listening back they are loud. i think what might give it the compressed feel is that i didn't turn off a clap channel which plays underneath/ or just the sounds i chose. I never put any effect on the master. Those last few beats i've put up have been rush jobs tbh & that 473 one is a complete mess haha way too much reverb. I use fl studio 7. I think i just suffer from drum deafness when mixing :-D

Loved both Chems and emwu's beats. Voted emwu tho as those drums won me in the end.
By pk1 Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:50 pm
As a general rule for myself I usually keep my kick and snare below -2db sometimes -3db.
And bass like -9. Learning how to use a drum buss after a good mix can make a huge differance. The mix being just volume and pan. You should look into a few of the mix vids on groove3.

Anyway you won my man. Shoot me some samples and rules we will get the next round rockin