Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By NightReveller Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:40 pm
Spent about an hour making this beat. (It's been like 2 years since I touched the MPC).

Spent 4 hours trying to record it properly.. Have cracks on the recording :vomit: :WTF:

Anyways, here's a room recording, you get the idea.

By Chillin Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:17 pm
psychoj wrote:here's mine

Nice.
By pk1 Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:04 am
got damn1 this is iLL!...

:worthy:

killed it..
By Coz Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:35 am
HUNGRYMAN wrote:Sorry if this isn't your ideal source material. It's not really mine either and that's kinda the point. There are tons of little snippets you could cut out, in between the vox, and transpose. Or use the vox. It's open for you to use any type of synth or instrument. I only do these online battles because it forces me to use elements that I wouldn't normally sample on my own.

I checked the track on my phone and the link threw up a bunch of spam and pop ups before I even got to hear it which was annoying. There's some nice entries but I didn't think the track was befitting of the 150th battle. There's no challenge in chopping up old Soul tunes IMO.

All good either way. :smoker:
By HUNGRYMAN Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:22 am
Your a tough customer Coz. ;) I appreciate the input.

I dropped the ball on this one. I noticed the battles were kinda dying off here. I wanted to help out because I know Ivory & Kapp both have families. I'm just a single dude, no kids. I didn't want to see the battle go away here. Thanks for everyone chiming in. When I shot Tutor a msg 3 weeks ago I plenty of ideas for the battles and time. In the mean time I was hired on a new job traveling and the day that battle ended, I was packing and trying to get someone to watch my house while I'm gone, plus the day before I had my first baby turtle hatch from a breeding pair I've kept for years. I was prepared to help mod but I wasn't prepared to win. I was gonna forfeit but it would have put us in a 3 way tie and I wanted to get you all up and banging out battles beats again.
By MrDismal Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:25 am
pk1 wrote:got damn1 this is iLL!...

:worthy:

killed it..

Haha thanks bro, just workin' with what I had, was a mad quick microwave beat.
By HUNGRYMAN Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:47 am
I was gonna try to get it up now, but I'm having some issues with soundcloud mobile. If you catch this Ivoryviking, will you get a vote thread up? If not I'll figure something out in about 14-16 hrs from now.
By Coz Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:22 am
MrDismal wrote:
Coz wrote:There's no challenge in chopping up old Soul tunes IMO.

Prove it with an entry :wink:

I won battle 100 when Tutor posted the sample. I'm an infrequent and reluctant battler, but I'll enter if the sample(s) take my interest and I have time.

@ Hungryman.

Cool.

It was worth having a moan just to hear about your turtle breeding program. :mrgreen:
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:28 pm
As usual, another late entry for me.Don`t delay the poll.I`ll post mine on Monday regardless.Haven`t made a beat in months.My audio cable needs to be replaced so I couldn`t meet deadline.I`m dying to see if we all used the same parts. :lol:
By pk1 Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:10 pm
HUNGRYMAN wrote:I was gonna try to get it up now, but I'm having some issues with soundcloud mobile. If you catch this Ivoryviking, will you get a vote thread up? If not I'll figure something out in about 14-16 hrs from now.

gotchu!

Nightreveler.. you need to add your track to the sound cloud group.
By Chillin Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:34 pm
MrDismal wrote:
Coz wrote:There's no challenge in chopping up old Soul tunes IMO.

Prove it with an entry :wink:

Btw, those are usually and historically the roughest sounds/ records released.