Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By HUNGRYMAN Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:41 pm
:hmmm: Alright... let's go!

Download sample...
http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/2W14du8I/file.html

Guidelines:
Outside samples: NO
Outside drums: YES
Outside bass/synth/keys: YES
Live instruments: YES
Cuts/Scratches: YES
Vocals/Raps: YES
Acapellas: NO

Make a beat based around the provided sample.
Upload it to Soundcloud and add it to the MPC-Forums group.
https://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forum ... at-battles
Most of all have fun! :)

Deadline: June 16th @ Midnight GMT
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:24 pm
DISCLAIMER I'm not tryna start shyt at all.

The provided sample seems cut short.It stops abruptly at around 1:27.I edited my original post.Never mind.Rock On!
Last edited by S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By MrDismal Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:03 pm
Bro, I just made a beat out of it, it was difficult because there was so much vox on top, but yo, I think the idea here is to use what you get given. Hence a challenge and a battle to see what people come up with.

Push yourself and step outside your boundaries.

It'll be interesting to see what people do with it.
By Coz Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:43 pm
The sample is garbage. Upload a decent track and more people will enter.
By Chillin Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:55 am
MrDismal wrote:Bro, I just made a beat out of it, it was difficult because there was so much vox on top, but yo, I think the idea here is to use what you get given. Hence a challenge and a battle to see what people come up with.

It'll be interesting to see what people do with it.

Great philosophy, great entry.
By Chillin Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:29 pm
MrDismal wrote:
Chillin wrote:Great philosophy, great entry.

Not sure if serious, but thanks regardless.

Of course that was seriously.
By pk1 Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:20 am
MrDismal wrote:Here's my entry, only so much I could work with. But, got something at least.

**edited your post...

take that same link and paste in in-between the sound cloud icon\button. Third red from left.

And a very dope track too. :nod:
By HUNGRYMAN Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Sorry if this isn't your ideal source material. It's not really mine either and that's kinda the point. There are tons of little snippets you could cut out, in between the vox, and transpose. Or use the vox. It's open for you to use any type of synth or instrument. I only do these online battles because it forces me to use elements that I wouldn't normally sample on my own.
By Chillin Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:49 am
HUNGRYMAN wrote:Sorry if this isn't your ideal source material. It's not really mine either and that's kinda the point. There are tons of little snippets you could cut out, in between the vox, and transpose. Or use the vox. It's open for you to use any type of synth or instrument. I only do these online battles because it forces me to use elements that I wouldn't normally sample on my own.

There is nothing wrong with the sample.