Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track?

9%
N/A
36%
N/A
27%
9%
9%
9%
By pk1 Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:41 pm
Alright let us know what you thought

Voting Rules:
Any member of the forum can vote once.
Dont vote for yourself!

saadyah tzvi

Reefer Madness Production

midi

SICK THE DRUMGOD

Oxcyde

Dez nyce

bdockbeats

574X

Nice turn out this week Been several months since this many beats have been submitted.
nice work all. and good luck :worthy:

Vote runs till sunday evening. :popcorn:
WINNER please have samples and rules ready. and PM them to me. i will get Battle 156 up when i see them in box.
By KOARAKTOR Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:42 pm
yo. was away for a few days. shout out to all the people who participated.
oxcyde, midi & aultman (!) killed it for me. vibe over everything.
let's keep it going - excited for the next week.
By hok-2 Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:10 pm
I voted for saadyah tzvi, but it was a hard choice between saadyah tzvi, bdockbeats and Sick the Drum God.
Got to big up Sick for using a diffrent time signiture.

I did a little beat but....kinda gave up.
Here it is anyway.
By hok-2 Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:42 pm
Just to add a further critique.
And I dont think my beats are any good, just my opinion as a music lover.
Sick The Drumgod was a definately the more complecated song.
But that Tzi guy posted that tune about a day after the sample went up, when I heard It I thought "what's the point, that dude smashed it. No way I can beat that"

I can see why the last winner said use anything, it was easy to loop a few bars but, after that I didnt didnt know what else to do.
Sounds like a few people took that bass guitar note and made a bassline out of it
I spent a week trying to play bass intune.
Heavy sample.
Maximum respect to all entries.
By pk1 Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:13 pm
So i messed up on the timeline of the poll by not giving it a timeline to end. Thats why its still going.
Works out cause, we don't have many votes. So ill let it roll another day. Midi has the strong lead.

as for the weeks beats.. :nod: er's. strictly solid tracks.

{myshit opinions}
Saadyah made a darker track.
midi was dope just didn't dig snare sound or how early you had it laid. but really solid track.
S.i.c.k. my man, that is a really dope track.

everybody made real nice tracks. my vote goes, five hundred and seventy four times though..
By MrDismal Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:17 pm
hok-2 wrote:Just to add a further critique.
And I dont think my beats are any good, just my opinion as a music lover.
Sick The Drumgod was a definately the more complecated song.
But that Tzi guy posted that tune about a day after the sample went up, when I heard It I thought "what's the point, that dude smashed it. No way I can beat that"

I can see why the last winner said use anything, it was easy to loop a few bars but, after that I didnt didnt know what else to do.
Sounds like a few people took that bass guitar note and made a bassline out of it
I spent a week trying to play bass intune.
Heavy sample.
Maximum respect to all entries.

Don't be so hard on yourself man, practice makes perfect. Study as much as you can, the finer details makes all the difference. Also, this is something I've never done before, but heard a lot of people do. Is put yourself in a 7 day challenge for a beat a day. They're obviously mostly throw aways but it's the practice that lifts your game. If I had more time I'd do a monthly challenge. Peace and keep at it.
By hok-2 Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:44 am
One day Im going to win one of these Battles
Thats the only reason I'm here.
If I can make a beat that is better than yours I'd feel good.
But you all keep doing better beats than mine, Dammn You!
It's all growth and I've learnt a lot from how people use a sample how I would never of thought of, take it it and do stuff I wouldnt even imagine.
But I'm getting better some day soon Im gonna batter you alll!
Peace Dons.
By 574X Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:47 am
Great stuff guys. Really groovin to your submissions. midi really captured some magic with that track, but I have to toss a vote to Dez nyce cuz Dez nyce beat dere. Makes me feel like fighting the good fight, and that's what I want. :nod:
--
Seems like there are always guys willing to talk about there struggles with the beat craft over here, so I'll just say that the best medicine is to get in there, get in the mud, and mix it up. Chop that sample up, pitch it, stretch it, put-it-on-a-beat, make the kick and bass thumpin, get your head noddin.

-Most importantly post up whatever you made like a pro - as though it's finished, and as though it's a great track. That's how you get yourself in the mindset of actually being a solid producer, if that's really what you want.

I'm not here to win; I'm here to practice so that I win the game of life. :smoker: I appreciate feedback, so I give it:

Some guys need to watch the extreme high end. I make this mistake all the time. :WTF: A lot of people are deaf 16khz+ or even lower, so check your hearing with a 20hz-20khz sine sweep if you haven't already, and check your mix with a spectrum analyzer to compare it to tracks you like and eq sounds that are stabbing out too much.

It'll solve some problems if you cut everything above 16k, which I've noticed in a lot of 2015 and 2016 top charting tracks. I was only cutting at 18k until.. today actually.

Lastly, if you're going to promote in your track, do it with style. Give it some musicality, and cut it short. An example is how I scratch "STAX" in the beginning of my track "Load the Track." Next time I might say something like "play this 574 times!" :lol:

Hope that helps. Keep up the sweet work
By pk1 Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:17 pm
Midi ! shoot me some material so i can get next battle rocking.