Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track?

40%
60%
N/A
By pk1 Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:29 pm
ended up going camping this weekend and forgot to post battle before i left. Pardon..

we will still run a three day vote and have a week and half for next battle.

you know the rules fellas.

Dez nyce

saadyah tzvi

Dirk Slazenger
By hok-2 Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:02 pm
Not much of a turn out this time round.
Big respect to Dez Nice and Saadyah tzvi for dropping some beats.
That's some crunchy ass shizzneet from Saadyah tzvi, I want that drumkit! Dude drops Illness everytime.
Dez Nice's beat is Nice too, just a shame the samples and beat are at completely diffrent volumes cus, the middle section and arangment are great.

I'm not in any position to give advice, I'm still strugling to get better thats why I enter these battles but, a way I use to check levels is - I put my final mix in VLC player and then play a comercialy produced song afterwards to compare it (Stevie Wonder 'I wanna make her love me') and increase the volume untill it's about the same volume.

It's seems to be normal practice to make all songs loud A.F now days, so its easy for a heavy beat to be dissmissed becouse its not compressed and normalised to the maximum.
Anyway, I'm voting for Dez Nice this time round cus I can see the vission
Bring on the next Battlle!

Edit, think I pressed the wrong button.
By saadyah tz▾i Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:16 pm
dirk and dez both nice tracks! i voted for dez and i agree with dirk about the volume thing, sample chops just needed to be more present in the mix. appreciate the feedback on my stuff, just doin what it do ya feel me

til next battle

peace
By pk1 Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:45 pm
Pardon fellas been working long days and haven't really touched the computer.
i too would have votes Saadyah.

so shoot me some samples.
your not getting out of it this time brotha.
By dez perado Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:15 pm
Voted for saadyah on this one. And appreciate the criticism.gotta get my levels a bit higher.ill be the first to admit Im not that good at mixing.
By saadyah tz▾i Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:43 am
I sent the samples 3 days ago.. sent them again yesterday.. they're in my outbox. Is that normal until they're read or what? Seems weird they're not in the sent folder..
By hok-2 Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:09 pm
Hey, dez perado
wasn't trying to critisize, or at least constructively. I do the same thing quite a lot. Especialy if I use headphones. But simularly I strugle with the final mix.
It's a whole next level of stuff which is time comsuming and takes experience I don't presently possess. Just trying to give usefull feedback, Fam.

Anyway, no one voted for me or even told me my beat was whack, I don't mind being told my beat was whack you know guys? It wont hurt my feelings.
Is it cus I chat so much sh*t :lol: ? Haha!
Let's get the next one popping and I'll try harder this time.
Yo Tzi, you could just upload your samples to a file share site and post the link and we can get on?
Peace, dudes.
By pk1 Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:26 pm
was out on hunting trip for four days. didn't have samples before i left.
perfect way to get it started Saadyah. thx. ill start new thread