Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best track?

13%
50%
13%
13%
13%
N/A
By pk1 Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:04 pm
yo. gotta some great submissions.

whats your fav?

saadyah tzvi

Ivoryviking

[KappNeffect]

Tragedy_Jones

Dirk Slazenger

Dez nyce

vote goes for three days. winner please pm me some samples and rules.
good luck fellas
By hok-2 Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:01 am
Strugled with this sample, trying to filter out diffrent parts but, couldn't come up with anything I liked without other bits still being present.
Tried a low pass on the bass but then the tempo was too slow, and tried timestretching it but, I dont like that sped up effect. Allthough saadyah tzvi did this well.
I think the sample was utilised best by Dez nyce but, the drums seem a bit off or maybe that might just be cus of the levels in mix. In my most humble of opinions :-D
Went with Ivoryviking. I dig it.
Thanks for the kind words S.I.C.K, I was close to scrapping the whole thing cus I wasnt feeling it so glad some one liked it. Get your Mp back up and running my man.!
That's my comprehensive thoughts on the matter, feel free to let me know my own beat was wack, I won't mind :lol:
By saadyah tz▾i Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:16 pm
Dez's chops and drums are super duper dope, although not feelin that brass vst, and the level of the sample is tooooo quiet..

Ivory vike always comin professional when he comes thru

Kapp I enjoyed that beat but what sample were you choppin? Didn't hear the battle material in there

Tragedy Jones the idea there is hot, mix could use improvement, low ends a bit overpowering. Dig the fx n transition stuff

Last week I voted for Dirk Slazenger..

This week I voted for him again
By mattman121775 Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:58 pm
Voted Viking. Clean Mix, and everything fit like it should. Good work.
Saayah gets my runner up I liked the second part best!
By Ocular Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:10 pm
Voted Ivoryviking. This was a tough sample, so good job to everyone who submitted something.
By dez perado Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:05 am
I went with ivory King every thing sounded well balanced in his mix and had kind of a cool west coast type groove to it
By pk1 Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:14 am
damn! thx for votes guys. Didn't expect it. Since my move on the first of nov. i have had studio in storage. missed my MP so i pulled it out. but I'm only using some cheap computer speakers for monitoring. So i was fraid mix was going to sound crap. Sample was tough though. i slowed whole track down to 44 so i could work in 88. Then Pitched locked it up a few. Used the drums in sample as a my hi hats riding as a break loop. then chopped sample to a slightly diff melody from original. My kik and snare. with Good ol Trillian I played a bass line. {Haven't used him in awhile} And some strings from Spire. Glad a few of y'all dug it.
Not getting enough bandwidth to play y'all tracks. ill comment and vote tonight hopefully
By pk1 Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:10 pm
finally got some bandwidth! really nice drums Hok!
Kapp keeps getting more Abstract. was dope though.
Dez came nice too. but drums were a lil too druck for my taste. could have been the hi hats
tragedy good groove. but the sample loop got old too soon. we gotta wrk on a change up next round. {me included}
that second part of saad"s is just to dope. nice work y'all

ill get samples up in a few. i might have to go to library. my bandwidth is shit lately.
By KappNeffect Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:59 am
:) ...definitely used the samples provided. Added a bit of vocal samples on top as well.

saadyah tz▾i wrote:Kapp I enjoyed that beat but what sample were you choppin? Didn't hear the battle material in there
By pk1 Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:25 pm
I couldn't really hear it either. Thought maybe you reversed some stuff.
real dope when you can't recognize OG sample
By Chillin Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:50 pm
I had to pick between a few, close calls.

Saadyah tzvi, nice production as usually.

Tragedy_Jones, well done 90's hip hop tune. (I feel you rushed the end a bit.)

Dirk Slazenger, an overall nice sound, but a bit monotone.

Dez nyce, nice golden era hip hop production, but the downmix was not too well.

I voted for Tragedy_Jones.