Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:05 pm
Congrats MattMan

Right on, we r changing up the game this week.

Rules: Gotta use the samples, and only the samples.
No outside anything.

Means you gotta flex those samplers. gotta pull drums from samples provided! :nod:

Samples:
http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/drcZmFhi/file.html

Battle due Friday the 13th.
upload beat to this thread.

Get some :popcorn:
By drelambo Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:30 pm
Feeling the rules man!

Thanks for the comments and votes in last one, shame I couldn't spend more time on it! But congrats to Mattman...
Unfortunately I haven't got much control over my mixes at the moment, I'm using some little Logitech speakers for PC's!

Looking forward to messing with this one...

On a side note, I'm thinking of copping either a Maschine Studio or an MPC Ren...thoughts!?
By Ocular Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:24 pm
drelambo wrote:On a side note, I'm thinking of copping either a Maschine Studio or an MPC Ren...thoughts!?

Neither until after Winter NAMM.
By drelambo Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:33 pm
Ocular wrote:
drelambo wrote:On a side note, I'm thinking of copping either a Maschine Studio or an MPC Ren...thoughts!?

Only a few weeks to wait! I heard Akai will be releasing a new all-in-one, proper MPC as oppose to just a fancy controller but not to expect anything from NI.
By Ocular Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:19 pm
drelambo wrote:
Ocular wrote:

Only a few weeks to wait! I heard Akai will be releasing a new all-in-one, proper MPC as oppose to just a fancy controller but not to expect anything from NI.

Yes sir :nod:

Have you used Maschine before? I personally bounced off it's method and work flow. It's a bit different than the MPC way of doing things.
By JDM2 Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:16 am
drelambo wrote:Feeling the rules man!

Thanks for the comments and votes in last one, shame I couldn't spend more time on it! But congrats to Mattman...
Unfortunately I haven't got much control over my mixes at the moment, I'm using some little Logitech speakers for PC's!

On a side note, I'm thinking of copping either a Maschine Studio or an MPC Ren...thoughts!?

Maybe you mentioned this before but I missed it...pardon if you did...but what do you use/own now?
By pk1 Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:06 pm

if your on an MPC id stick with it. I went maschine the yr before ren dropped. its cool. but a complete backwards way of working compared to mpc. I love the Ren had it since the day it went on sale. literally! Like these guys said. wait till namm. if the new one is to expensive at release. the Ren should drop in price. cop it. you won't regret. and this is old news. and really not even an a debate. But mac is the only way to go with computer music period. no matter the argument. Even if you build it yourself and never put it online. {witch is bullshit, cause every box needs to go online at one point to register or update software.} you'll still have the shittiest software in the world. WINDOwS :vomit:
I'm sure your aware of this... its been exhausted. But for anyone about to start a pc debate... I've never in person, or online. witness a studio with a PC. And won't even respond to an attempt to argue otherwise.
on that do what you do man. you make dope tracks. lets hear another. don't go missing for another three yrs.
:lol:
By Living Bate Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:48 am
I've voted on a few and i liked the rules on this one so i thought i'd chuck one in.....

just chopping, pitching, panning, EQ and maybe a touch of reverb........big up PK1......

By drelambo Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:49 pm
pk1 wrote:

if your on an MPC id stick with it. I went maschine the yr before ren dropped. its cool. but a complete backwards way of working compared to mpc. I love the Ren had it since the day it went on sale. literally! Like these guys said. wait till namm. if the new one is to expensive at release. the Ren should drop in price. cop it. you won't regret. and this is old news. and really not even an a debate. But mac is the only way to go with computer music period. no matter the argument. Even if you build it yourself and never put it online. {witch is ****, cause every box needs to go online at one point to register or update software.} you'll still have the **** software in the world. WINDOwS :vomit:
I'm sure your aware of this... its been exhausted. But for anyone about to start a pc debate... I've never in person, or online. witness a studio with a PC. And won't even respond to an attempt to argue otherwise.
on that do what you do man. you make dope tracks. lets hear another. don't go missing for another three yrs.
:lol:

I've not had the opportunity to use a Maschine properly but from all the videos it looks like a tool that could improve my workflow...the last MPC I had was the 1000, just using a controller at the moment...
I thought the Maschine would hook up well with Komplete...that's why I was leaning towards it...

Regarding computers...always been a Mac man with Pro Tools and Logic... won't touch windows!

Hopefully I don't go missing again! I appreciate the plaudits man! Look forward to your feedback on this one!
By saadyah tz▾i Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:51 pm
yo congrats on the win matt
just whipped this shit up quick while my kid was watching cartoons

no outside anything besides those couple vocal shots :oops:
By pk1 Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:17 pm
drelambo wrote:I've not had the opportunity to use a Maschine properly but from all the videos it looks like a tool that could improve my workflow...the last MPC I had was the 1000, just using a controller at the moment...
I thought the Maschine would hook up well with Komplete...that's why I was leaning towards it...

Regarding computers...always been a Mac man with Pro Tools and Logic... won't touch windows!

Hopefully I don't go missing again! I appreciate the plaudits man! Look forward to your feedback on this one!

Maschine is dope. don't get me wrong. when it first gave the option of using vst's on pads i was flipping out. I dug it cause i felt they saw the potential to the old mpc with computer power. but the workflo is so different. People who dig maschine, are people who have worked on ableton. And once again another piece of software i don't like at all. Ableton has always felt like a glorified Fruity loops. messed around with it when that dropped like 16 yrs ago. used it with my mpc2000. {I know I'm knocking some stuff a few of y'all may like allot. This is just my shitty opinion.} Since your building in logic. you may want to try out both. Do you have any fellow pad bangers in your area, that have a machine? Id mail you my MK1 if i didn't just sell it to a buddy. {an Ableton user} the studio looks like its pretty cool. Im supper stoked on the new X though!

I use my Komplete Ultimate 8 with my Ren every time. Works great together. I just learned a trick yesterday, with Kontact some y'all may not know. So in order to maximize cpu usage. When building multis in kontakt i remember being told to just run one instance of Kontakt and control each instrument with separate tracks running different midi channel. {so chello on trk 1 midi 1. Same Kontakt track 2 next instrument midi 2 and so on} I remember being told less instances of kontakt easier on cpu. well that doesn't seem to be true. Kontakt has multi core just like our daws or MPC {Ren, studio, touch, & prob Maschine too} But only dictates core usage in stand alone. so in plugin mode the host only see's one instrument of kontakt. and places all those instruments inside Kontakt on 1 CPU core. So this means when using Kontakt as a plugin, its best to create multiple instances. complete opposite of what we have been led to believe. off topic but for you guys using it in plugin mode. it may help.

I'm using some cheap logitechs too. my studio gear is all in storage at the moment. so i can't tell if kick is too loud or silent. and what the bass really sounds like to y'all. :Sigh:
what i have been doing is continuously referencing songs from "The Daily Bread" album :worthy: when i build my track.

k out of coffee.. :-D gotta shovel some snow and get kids on some school stuff. so i can pull out the mpc. {I don't listen to yalls tracks till i have at least started building mine}
By mattman121775 Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:02 am
I might try to make something tomorrow night. I listened to about 4 seconds of Saddyah's beat. It's sounded dope! Then I was like I'm going to get influenced by every ones tracks so I stopped it even though I wanna listen all the way through so bad haha.
It's a thing I do sometimes when I'm in a beat battle is not to listen to everyone elses beats until mine is finished. For me it slightly changes how I tackle the samples by hearing everyone else.

As for a new sampler, I think the Studio black looks pretty cool for the money. Even a Touch can be had for under $500. Of course if the Live drops at a good enough price NI is going to have to adjust theirs to compete.
I've heard rumors as low as $800 for the MPC Live!
By pk1 Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:45 pm
{just another Tip/suggestion.}

I just got Audiofinder for my library. Its a little difficult to get into. But if any of yu are like me...303,344 samples in 355gb folder! Ive been collecting for years. And i find myself using the same folders. {i organize by Samples/{company name}/{whatever pack}/what ever is inside pack} So what I'm doing is forgetting about allot of stuff. I usually go to my "Drum broker" folder, "MPC-Sounds", Goldbaby, and "SamplePhonics" the most. and kinda bounce around looking for what i need. some times it would take ten minutes to find only thee snare rolls i wouldn't use on that particular track. well i type "roll" in audio finder and I've actually got 1436 rolls. and its pulling up all kinds of rolls like toms. stuff i didn't even know i had! so now it took 20 seconds to give me a larger list and only a min before i find something i like. Boom, back on the track. Im finding tracks i made in 2003. Sound libraries i completely forgot about. I def dont need anymore sample packs.

Pardon the off topic just wanted to let any y'all who may need something like this. Bummer thing now is.. i can't use any of this dope shit i found on this battle! ha