Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Track?

13%
13%
13%
N/A
N/A
38%
13%
13%
N/A
N/A
By pk1 Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:50 pm
Alright first battle of the year.
Voting rules are simple:
Dont vote for self and..
Let us know what you thought of the track you chose.

Vote will run for three days. The winner will supply new samples and rules for next battle.

Jammin L Fresko

drelambo

saadyah tzvi

Dez nyce

SICK THE DRUMGOD

[KappNeffect]

Eraserhead ****

Matt_in_a_hat

574X

Ivoryviking

Good luck fellas.
By drelambo Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:40 pm
Was hard to pick a winner in this one! In the end I got my girl to choose between KappNeffect and IvoryViking...
They were my 2 favourites for different reasons!
Loved the sound and feel of Kapps beat, preferred the flow and drums of IvoryVikings...

I don't think these were the easiest samples to use for the given rules so overall I think everybody did a good job!
By pk1 Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:29 pm
really nice tracks.
Kapp! that Tamborine! :worthy:

574X nice drums. how did you get that kik?
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:00 am
This was the best turnout in recent memory. Everything I heard was dope in some way or another. Can't really call this one.
By 574X Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:14 am
Went with Jammin L Fresko for the cleanest groove, but lots of great tracks. Definetly can see KappNeffect taking this one.

Thanks pk1 man! Lemme just open this up...

Mix: That's the first sound in Underline with giant, resonant boosts, like 12 dB around 60 Hz & 120 Hz, and 8 dB at 400 Hz, which ends up scooping it out around the bass. Everything's sidechained to it.

Master: The mastering is heavy, every stage except the subtractive stereo enhancer and stereo image filter changed the kick, but the mastering didn't cause the artifacts from the samples conflicting, or pull the bass back. Those were mixing and sample problems.

There's a heavy multiband comp called OTT mixed at 30% parallel "depth." It's mid scooped and boosted in the lows. There's an EQ to ...equalize that with a mid bass and mid boost. Then it's pushed into a ReaLoud LP which is low passing the track at 16.4k in this case, with a res peak of 0.1. Last there's a a No6 limiter for the high freq limiter and the ISP brickwall. Just using free stuff til I make it big :lol:
By pk1 Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:49 am
Congrats Kappneffect.
come on Kapp start the next battle