Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best track?

10%
10%
10%
10%
10%
50%
By pk1 Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:45 pm
ok time to vote on some tracks.

rules:
Vote will run for three days.
winner will provide some samples and rules for next round.
And the obvious, don't vote for yourself.
let us know your thoughts on tracks.

[KappNeffect]

HanZer Beats

Red Origin

saadyah tz▾i

[̲̅s̲̅][̲̅h̲̅][̲̅h̲̅]

Ivoryviking

good luck fellas... :popcorn:
By greavous420 Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:39 pm
Have been meaning to get involved with these and gonna try and do something for the next one.

Ivory King got my vote here. Thats just the tune that I dug the most. [KappNeffect] and [̲̅s̲̅][̲̅h̲̅][̲̅h̲̅] were close behind though.
By pk1 Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:17 pm
Kapp, your on Maschine aren't you? curious to how your doing the detune sound and stutters? are you bouncing to daw for your glitch efx? or keeping in the box with maschine? I'm sure your using a basic way, just curious to your ways.

HanZer really dug the beat.. couldn't stand the 64 note repeated snare... liked the groove and the filter play to bring track out.

RedO i dig your sample usage. it had a nice swing.

Saadyah - #1 cool, dope sample work. #2 wack... :mrgreen: #3 dope! wish you would have turned up the plucking synth..nice work :worthy:

[̲̅s̲̅][̲̅h̲̅][̲̅h̲̅] my dude.. u use Lionel Richie drums? I dig how you blended samples. and the flip is nice. good change ups. just couldn't feel the drums. programming was to grid locked Cliché.

ivoryviking - :fku:
By Stefan Houot Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:10 am
pk1 wrote:[̲̅s̲̅][̲̅h̲̅][̲̅h̲̅] my dude.. u use Lionel Richie drums? I dig how you blended samples. and the flip is nice. good change ups. just couldn't feel the drums. programming was to grid locked Cliché.

ivoryviking - :fku:

haha I feel what your sayin man, no hard feelings I've been meaning to try to switch it up... sometimes its hard to break old habits, YUH DIG?

But thank you man i appreciate the feedback, I dug your beat man hella smooth I like that bass in it!

I see your from the NW? me to and thats how get that smooth samplin in!

P.S. Nah there not Lionel Richie drums, its just a one shot library I been using I havent used drum loops in a loooong time!
By KappNeffect Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:10 am
Live + Ren. LFO and chops is it. I just, as of this past Friday got the 404sx, so it'll incorporate that as well soon as I figure out how to use that shit lol.
By hok-2 Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:31 am
Definately S H H did it for me on this one
All the beats where dope.
Kapps was crazy phat Just a little short
Hanzer Beats and Red origin where both my second favourite, nice to hear sumut other than Hip Hop from Red origin I particularly liked the end bit
saadyah tzi and Pk1 are always dope
But S H H was the one that I liked most.
I enjoyed all of them.
By Red Origin Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:10 pm
Nice vibe from Kapp, with clean tough drums, but like Hok already mentioned a little short.
liked Hanzers beat too. Nice filtering on this one.
Saadyah first one was great except the bassline, second was also very experimental in my opinion and the third one made hip hop great again ,-)
SHH did a good trappy flip, but the vibe from ivory made it for me!
Nice round with a good turnout :worthy:
By pk1 Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:42 pm
KappNeffect wrote:Live + Ren. LFO and chops is it. I just, as of this past Friday got the 404sx, so it'll incorporate that as well soon as I figure out how to use that shit lol.

ah man.. i didn't realize you were on the Ren. i dig it.
404sx.. i didn't know they kept reproducing those things. i started on the 303 myself before i copped the 2000.
i bet that 404sx is **** hot. so lets hear that thing next round brotha. id love to have that 303 after my Ren just to handle efx/glitch. instead of using any sugarbytes..

thx for comments fellas. :worthy:
By Stefan Houot Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:30 pm
hok-2 wrote:Definately S H H did it for me on this one
All the beats where dope.
Kapps was crazy phat Just a little short
Hanzer Beats and Red origin where both my second favourite, nice to hear sumut other than Hip Hop from Red origin I particularly liked the end bit
saadyah tzi and Pk1 are always dope
But S H H was the one that I liked most.
I enjoyed all of them.

Thanks man I appreciate that!
By MrDismal Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:33 am
KappNeffect wrote:Live + Ren. LFO and chops is it. I just, as of this past Friday got the 404sx, so it'll incorporate that as well soon as I figure out how to use that **** lol.

The 404sx is suuuuuuper dope for effects. I use it for live performances too. I run all my sample through my SP202, then SP404sx... regardless if I'm using it for effects. Just how I have my gear setup.

SP's compliment mpc's really well.
By pk1 Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:51 pm
Stefan Houot wrote:
haha I feel what your sayin man, no hard feelings I've been meaning to try to switch it up... sometimes its hard to break old habits, YUH DIG?

But thank you man i appreciate the feedback, I dug your beat man hella smooth I like that bass in it!

I see your from the NW? me to and thats how get that smooth samplin in!

P.S. Nah there not Lionel Richie drums, its just a one shot library I been using I havent used drum loops in a loooong time!

i was giving you a hard time..habbits are hard to break. specially the older we get. but the one real plus about these battles is they usually cause you to do/try new stuff.. generally cause your restricted to our rules of engagement. where are you in the NW?

i appreciate the love and votes. i will go look for a sample pack and rules here before this evening..
By hok-2 Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:57 pm
I here you cat's saying 404's are good but, the build quality is flimsy
Call me old school if you like cus my stuff comes in a gray mettle case and lasts 20 years.
Classic techno effect though but they fall apart pretty soon.
By Stefan Houot Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:13 am
pk1 wrote:
i was giving you a hard time..habbits are hard to break. specially the older we get. but the one real plus about these battles is they usually cause you to do/try new stuff.. generally cause your restricted to our rules of engagement. where are you in the NW?

i appreciate the love and votes. i will go look for a sample pack and rules here before this evening..

It's all good man I knew you were just messin around. I've been doing that grid locked stuff for a while most of the time i'll go in my DAW and the throw the quantization off a little bit to get that swing, lately I've been lazy with that. But these battles are dope i'm waiting to hear what your about to put up!
And I live near Renton/Bellevue, right outside Seattle. Where you stay at?
By saadyah tz▾i Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:03 am
Tough choice for real! Some nice beats here. I went with ivoryvike production mad clean
By pk1 Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:26 pm
saadyah tz▾i wrote:Tough choice for real! Some nice beats here. I went with ivoryvike production mad clean

i appreciate it brotha.

Stefan Houot wrote:And I live near Renton/Bellevue, right outside Seattle. Where you stay at?

just moved to Priest Lake.