Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best flip?

N/A
N/A
N/A
17%
33%
17%
N/A
33%
By pk1 Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:12 pm
k fellas pardon the delay!

Lets see who flipped the ELO track proper like!

Dez nyce

mrt

Reefer Madness Production

574X

Keith's Lard

[̲̅s̲̅][̲̅h̲̅][̲̅h̲̅]

gVega

ivoryviking

Vote goes for three days. let us know what you thought.

good luck fellas
:popcorn:
By pk1 Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:48 pm
574X nice mix. What are you putting chops threw? For that clear yet synthy sound. And are you using sugarbytes for tape pauses and stuffers? I haven't used that thing in a while. I've not wanted to do to much daw work after the mpc. Been lazy just want to give what the MP spits out

I dig what gvega was doing. Need to work on your mix brotha. Thanks for not just throwing a compressor on in it to brick it out. Good track.
Shh nice mellow version I really dug this one.
MrT super nice Drum programming. Seemed like your sample was dropping a little late though. Made it sound off beat halfway threw bar.
Dez nice too but needed a rapper or a change up.
I'm going for the drunkin dirty south track this week.
Big ups to all y'all. And I appreciate the feedback and votes.
By pk1 Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:13 am
Come on guys. We don't have but maybe 1or 2 people that come and vote that don't put beat up. And only if we that submit tracks vote Its not enough. So here we have another tie and not everybody even voted.

I sound like a begging politition.

Just get ya votes in son!
By 574X Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:00 am
Thanks everyone. Was gettin down with all the tracks. Especially Ivoryviking's. Sorry Keith, solid beat but I'd tie break this sh right here. But yeah, there's no vote button. What's up with that. :lol: I don't think I voted :hmmm: :smoker:

The synthy sound is partly because I use tons of synths :lol: . I custom made all the added drums in the track with a synth, and the sine keys and 2 bass synths. Just old school, basic synthesis stuff that I like.

My fav heavy fx atm are the granalizer (http://www.morfiki.blogspot.com) and the dblue free pack (http://www.illformed.org). I say screw around with the TapeStop and Stretch vsts in there. I been only using freely available stuff lately. Lots of indie devs love what they do and make sweet stuff. :worthy: :nod:

It’s faster to use Reaper IMO for chopping and fx than anything else, and you can just bounce it to whatev sampler you want. :smoker: It also works free cuz the devs are awesome!

I’d explain how if you want. I set the samples up for the mix by using Reaper too, which is why it’s way cleaner 8) - just like the sampled tracks themselves which were made with layers of mostly eq and compression (plus the sound coloring of bit res & sample rate & hardware saturation, which is why the warmth of hardware samplers sounds good).
By gdy_young Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:22 am
Appreciate it! Mixing (amongst other areas like gainstaging, routing, arrangement, etc.......) wise, I still got a lot of stuff to figure out. Would love to vote but looks like vote option is down. Is it just me?

pk1 wrote:574X nice mix. What are you putting chops threw? For that clear yet synthy sound. And are you using sugarbytes for tape pauses and stuffers? I haven't used that thing in a while. I've not wanted to do to much daw work after the mpc. Been lazy just want to give what the MP spits out

I dig what gvega was doing. Need to work on your mix brotha. Thanks for not just throwing a compressor on in it to brick it out. Good track.
Shh nice mellow version I really dug this one.
MrT super nice Drum programming. Seemed like your sample was dropping a little late though. Made it sound off beat halfway threw bar.
Dez nice too but needed a rapper or a change up.
I'm going for the drunkin dirty south track this week.
Big ups to all y'all. And I appreciate the feedback and votes.
By pk1 Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:53 am
When I create the vote thread. It has me choose how long vote thread runs. We have been on a three day vote for some time.
Once it expires it won't let us vote any longer. It doesn't help that we all live in greatly different time zones either. No big deal. We just need to try and get our votes in faster.

Kieth, grab us some samples.