Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:14 pm
pardon the hold up. kids had me wrapped up night before last and i worked late yesterday.

anyhow I've got a gem for y'all

Sample:
http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/D1jREpce/file.html

Rules:
Must use sample.
Must make a track with change ups. {hook/verse} intro's don't count!
Must have at least a 2 bar break {thats 2 four counts for y'all beginners}
vst's ok
outside drums and bass ok.

upload beats to soundcloud and post here in this thread by May 5th

kill it fellas
By Chillin Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 am
Nice track, lovely sample set.

Might join with the MPC4K.
By dez perado Wed May 03, 2017 1:39 am
Chillin wrote:Nice track, lovely sample set.

Might join with the MPC4K.
Welcome. Please do
By pk1 Thu May 04, 2017 3:05 am
I should have worded it better. A "breakdown" would probably be the better way to say it. Those of you that don't know what that is....
Allot of the tracks in the past had a part usually between one of the verses and the hook. Called a breakdown. GenerLly the instrumentalist would go off on a totally different break down of the beat for a couple bars.

Since we mostly learn and grow in these battles. I wanted y'all to put together a fully constructed track. Not just a a couple sequences.

Let me know if I need to explain it better. I'm on my phone
By Hanz Bocek Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 am

Hi bros ... masterplan is very nice sample ;) I use vocal sound from misfits serial and one LP filter and delay
Have a nice Friday :) my English is easy . So if you have a question on me , write and I translate and I will answer ;) :worthy:
By pk1 Fri May 05, 2017 9:46 pm
Should we postpone the deadline a cpl days so more of us can get tracks submitted? Like extend it to Sunday afternoon? Let me know what y'all think. I've been so busy this week that I haven't been able to touch the pads!
By D-Roll87 Sat May 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Jo guys me and my homie just got the mpc studio a couple months ago, we are still practicing..realise we are too late to actually enter the contest but u can check it out if u want to

Peace
Last edited by KappNeffect on Thu May 11, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added tags
By 574X Sat May 06, 2017 11:51 pm
Lets get more heads in here! :mrgreen: Good to see some fresh folks here, welcome. Is Kap in the house? Last minute wax martian pitch lfo landing? :popcorn:
Chillin wrote:"Might join with the MPC4K."
Hell yeah man that's a beast, lets hear it.

I stacked 8 tracks of Synthmaster made from scratch incl drums. I just won it, thank God. Turns out it's one of the best synths of all time, easy :shock: just need to get some practice in.
Sounds solid to layer a snare sample on a synth snare, like that one from the sample. IIRC that's how they did it with the 909.
http://www.d3ep.com/news/creator-of-the ... ouse-music :lol:
Did some acoustic noodling too. :smoker:
By pk1 Mon May 08, 2017 7:11 pm
How did you win the synth?

dig the article for the 909 hi hat. pretty funny
By 574X Tue May 09, 2017 9:57 am
pk1 wrote:How did you win the synth?

dig the article for the 909 hi hat. pretty funny

The One Synth Challenge where we make the whole track with a solid, minimal free synth and plugins. It's hard but I've got a passion for making cool sounds, an appreciation for music history, and sometimes a knack for technical stuff.

Was looking forward to another sweet classic Ivoryviking banger. Well, kids are a great reason to be busy.