Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best track?

33%
33%
33%
By pk1 Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:44 pm
alright fellas.

vote goes for three days.
winner please have samples and rules for next round ready.

let us know what you vote for and how you thought.

Dennis Hanna

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Dez nyce

good luck fellas
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:42 am
Right time to vote for my personal favourite

Dennis Hanna - Really nice track dude and a real solid entry. I was really digging the drums, loving the use of a clap instead of a snare, made it sound fresh and the horns? Damn that was smooth and jazzy, real dope mate. The only criticism I have and which is purely down to personal taste is I wasn't keen on the choppy vibe, just feel it took some of the overall energy away from the track.

Dez Nyce - Real dope track man and another real solid entry. I'm loving the boom bap vibe to the drums which nicely complemented the bassline. Also really digging the synth work too and super nice use of the horns to give it a 90s East Coast flavour to the track. Couldn't find anything I didn't enjoy with this beat, stellar work!

Really dope work guys all round but my vote went Dez Nyce :smoker:
By D-Roll87 Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 am
Joo!

I made this one very very quickly. That friday I was rushing to get home, to make this in time. If I had more time I would pay more attention to the chops and would insert more layers. If I would know that the deadlines from these battles easely moves....

But Psychedelic Schizophrenic thanks voor the feedback! I prefer the boombap sound to, only this sample took me to another sound... :o

I was the only one that made in in time, so can I call myself a winner?:P (just joking)

One
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:36 am
No worries D-Roll87, I always try to leave some kind of constructive feedback for each track if I'm voting on something. It just nice to what other people think, like and don't like about your track, also it helps people process on there strengths, weaknesses and become better beat producers. So it's all good in my opinion :smoker:

Haha man just an idea but it's down to PK1 at the end of the day but if it's tied at the end, we should do some kind of 3 minute battle for 174, we each provide a sample and make 3 different one minute tracks or something along them lines.
By pk1 Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:45 pm
Dennis. Nice groove. Sample chops are great. Drum mix needs work. The programming is groovy and all just need a little more balance. Overall dope track though

Schizo this is dope! Horns sound like you got a chorus on em... makes em stand out. Wish it would have more change up for hook. Nice work though. Welcome to the battles.

Dez. Another banger man. Really dig your work lately.

Although I was liking the vibe of schitzo's track more. Dez over all has a more fuller track. Bass stood out. Nice change ups. And with a little extra of his own ish!

Nice work fellas.
By pk1 Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:50 pm
:WTF: I missed vote by two minutes. Haha.
My vote was dez.
Shoot me some samples holmes. So we can these things back on track.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:02 pm
pk1 wrote:Schizo this is dope! Horns sound like you got a chorus on em... makes em stand out. Wish it would have more change up for hook. Nice work though. Welcome to the battles.

Cheers man much appreciated, good work sniffing out the little chorus fx I put on the horns to give them a little stand out and look at me favour. Yeah the hook didn't really go to plan, just couldn't get a change up that I liked in the really short 2 hour time space that I had to make this entry. Hopefully will go back to this beat at some point in the near future, redo the hook and track it out into a proper mix.

Hopefully I will get more time for 174 :-D

Congrats on the win D-Roll87 :smoker:
By dez perado Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:08 pm
thanks for the feed back and congrats on the win D-roll .hope you got a raw sample for us.
By pk1 Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:35 am
ME too. Like soon.
Really don't wanna do this every round......
gonna start cuttin kats entries.
By pk1 Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:12 am
I will have sample up this afternoon. Storming here so internet is slow.