Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best track?

N/A
N/A
38%
N/A
13%
13%
13%
25%
By pk1 Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:39 pm
time to vote

Vote will go for thee days
winner must have next sample ready on third day
Dont vote for self... obviously lame
constructive criticism welcome

ivoryviking

Dez nyce

Mayhem

SICK THE DRUMGOD

the.soul.stepson

IAKA.THE.PRODUCER

ⓢⓦⒼⓦⓂ

saltmcgault

Good luck fellas.
By dez perado Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:07 pm
this is probably one of the hardest votes ever for me. still haven't decided after narrowing it down to the 3 top bangers
By saltmcgault Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:41 am
I think everybody did a good job there wasn't one i didn't like. So if i didn't mention your beat specifically don't take it to heart. Not like anybody really cares what i think anyways. Ivory this is by far some of you best stuff that i heard! i think the first is better than the second but they are both sic! Des your beat was tight i heard a part in there that i wanted to use. It was a tough call between the mentions but i had to go with mayhems beat sounds like something wu-tang would be rapping on. lol Although i had to pick one if there was a 3 way tie option i would pick that but i can't. Dez how did you chipmunk them voices? do you tune them up then patch phrase? seems like when ever i try doing it. it does hella faster than the samples you took.
By dez perado Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:54 am
thanks.i tune them up and chop them manually.i went with mayhem on this one too thought he chose some dope chops and structured them nicely.
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:51 pm
Went with IAKA. VIKE,DEZ,MAYHEM,are honorable mentions. EVERY BODY got busy!!! I may have to step it up!!! I welcome the new blood. Keep Bangin.
By saltmcgault Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:40 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:Went with IAKA. VIKE,DEZ,MAYHEM,are honorable mentions. EVERY BODY got busy!!! I may have to step it up!!! I welcome the new blood. Keep Bangin.

Everybody always has room for stepping it up. Thats why i joined this forum. I'm glad i did I only have 1 friend that into making beats that owns an mpc. It's nice to talk to and hear what other mpc heads have to say. Just keep trying to progress and critique your skills and workflow it can only go up from here.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:05 pm
Mad props to PK1 for the straight out the stove heatness with the samples, just a shame I couldn't get anything I liked going in time to submit. Definitely one for the sample bank for a later day for sure tho :smoker:

Right time for a vote

ivoryviking - Really dope man, seriously impressed by the **** sequencing I'm freestyle this **** vibe. Really nice change ups and the drums were dope too. The whole track was solid like a gold bar.

Dez nyce - Really solid track man, dope drums, solid structure and loving the overall vibe. The only criticism I have and which is purely down to my own personal taste is I wasn't keen on the "Oh Baby" parts of the track, just something about it that I wasn't feeling while listening, maybe the quick repeat, loudness of the sample or pitch of the sample was irritating my ears or something.(Probably more to do with old git syndrome).

Mayhem - Serious fire here dude, I nearly burnt my finger on the play button. Dope use of the samples, tight drums, really digging the whole track. Dope stuff man.

SICK THE DRUMGOD - really solid all round entry man, loving the chops and drums on this one. Really tight stuff!

the.soul.stepson – Welcome to the beat battle mate, solid stuff and I really dig the dope use of looping the sample. Really enjoyed the vibe. The only thing I wasn’t feeling was the drums dude, something about them just overpowered the sample loop a little in my opinion, but dope stuff anyway.

IAKA.THE.PRODUCER - Really nice chops Iaka, nice to see you bringing a different vibe with trap genre. Not my cup a tea genre wise but really dope stuff.

ⓢⓦⒼⓦⓂ - Really dope chopping man, loving the chops and drums on this. Nice aggressive vibe that smashes you right in the mouth. Serious heat right here!

saltmcgault - Loving the intro sample dude, overall a really dope track. Loving the chops and drums but it just needs a few change up here and there to keep it from getting too repetitive. Nice one man.

Really tough choice as everyone deserves a vote but I went with…………………………

Saltmcgault in the end, congrats dude :smoker:

Looking forward to the next battle!
By the.soul.stepson Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:11 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:
the.soul.stepson – Welcome to the beat battle mate, solid stuff and I really dig the dope use of looping the sample. Really enjoyed the vibe. The only thing I wasn’t feeling was the drums dude, something about them just overpowered the sample loop a little in my opinion, but dope stuff anyway.

yo! thanks for the feedback! many said that i'm making too heavy drums, i don't know if it's because i don't have any other equipment (just a pc and few pairs of headphones with too many bass) or because i can't make a good beat :lol:
about equipment i just thought that buying everything from the start is just a flash in the pan, so i'm just making beats on fl, it's not the pro sound as you can hear but i'm tryin.. i think i will buy some sampler when i get the money from selling my beattape, it would probably change my sound but it won't, because nobody buys it, so i'm stuck with this pc :lol:

in my opinion Mayhem beat us all, respect
By pk1 Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:24 pm
Nice tracks fellas. I was surprised nobody tried to mess with the second part to that sample..
Well Texas. Pm me sample and rules.

(Make sure you have uploaded it to a downloaded site like zippy share or what ever place you want to use.)
By texasrida1 Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:31 pm
This has to be one of the hardest battles so far. I really didn't care too much for either of the samples, so I just chopped the first one and found some good melodies. Everybody and I mean everybody came with it, I'm gonna have to keep grinding to get better. A.k.a. Mayhem
By saltmcgault Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:34 pm
texasrida1 wrote:This has to be one of the hardest battles so far. I really didn't care too much for either of the samples, so I just chopped the first one and found some good melodies. Everybody and I mean everybody came with it, I'm gonna have to keep grinding to get better.

well deserved 1st place beat!! Everybody's beat was tight all different styles and different ears for the samples with creative beats.that's what i'm talking about!! your signature intro to all of your beats is **** dope! congrats!! that beat is one knocking bassline away from being used by somebody like u-god or the gza lol on to beat battle 175.. let's goo! pk1 sorry about the youtube link on that track to sample from youtube that's all i could find i'll have to do some searching for like a zip file. hopefully it can be used in the very near future. i really want to see what everybody comes up with. regardless i'm going use it. but i want to see what you guys come up with because i know it would be awesome. i enjoyed everybody's beat. i should have named my entry "youuuuuu" because there were like 5000 of them in that track lol i definitely need to start changing stuff up to get out of that repetitive state. props to everybody! this is fun!
By pk1 Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm
Yo! Salt, no sweat. When I get off work I'll show y'all what I use to rip YouTube sound. Don't know what it is off the top.
I will check out that link when it get home. I'll save it for a laggin ass flake. :lol:
Ol Tex will be hooking us up with sample when he gets off tonight. Till then y'all need to peep this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDdWwS4yHk
(Mobile version of forum won't let me do a try link.) but that gensu dean is a beast. The track isn't fire.
By saltmcgault Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:38 pm
pk1 wrote:Yo! Salt, no sweat. When I get off work I'll show y'all what I use to rip YouTube sound. Don't know what it is off the top.
I will check out that link when it get home. I'll save it for a laggin ass flake. :lol:
Ol Tex will be hooking us up with sample when he gets off tonight. Till then y'all need to peep this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDdWwS4yHk
(Mobile version of forum won't let me do a try link.) but that gensu dean is a beast. The track isn't fire.

haha awesome hurry up with that sample Mayhem!! i'm salvating over here! :lol:
By dez perado Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:45 pm
thirsty are we? :mrgreen:
By saltmcgault Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:06 am
dez perado wrote:thirsty are we? :mrgreen:

in the middle of the high noon mohave desert type of thirsty :P