Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:28 pm
Congrats Mayhem!

Rules:
must use sample
outside drums, ok
vst / synths ok

have "battle 175" in tittle
upload your track to sound cloud. And post in this thread.

Mayhem sample:
http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/Dt85MyXV/file.html

Battle runs till the 30th.
get em up
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:57 pm
Congrats Mayhem on the win. Looking forward to getting back on the MPC at some point but I've got another hectic week coming up so I might not about to enter this battle again but like before if I do have time then I will try to see if I can flip this into something worth while entering for Battle 175.

PK1 - Shouldn't we be putting Battle 175 in the title ;)
By saltmcgault Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:14 pm
nice sample pick mayhem. i can't wait to hear all the different styles of beats.
By pk1 Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:[color=black
PK1 - Shouldn't we be putting Battle 175 in the title ;) [/color]

Ya thx for pointing that out. I was in a hurry trying to copy paste on the ipad before work.
By saltmcgault Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:27 pm
ive listened to that song literally like 70 times. Its a good song. tons of samples to use.
By IAKA.Beats Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:12 am
nice!! great sample, have fun with it yall!!

and congrats mayhem
By dez perado Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:31 am
well deserved win mayhem. Here's my piece.Riding this wave hard!
By saltmcgault Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:10 pm
dez perado wrote:well deserved win mayhem. Here's my piece.Riding this wave hard!

NICE ONE DEZ!!!! Something tells me this is going to be another tough battle in the voting booth :lol: I'm really not in it to win it, don't get me wrong still trying to win but all I really want is to get better with producing bangers. I look at it as even though I may not get even 1 vote I still come out with a beat and some experience with ears on sampling, chopping and poo digit pad slappin. I didn't even see IAKA's beat ill check it out later today. Y'all have a great weekend.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:53 pm
pk1 wrote:Ya thx for pointing that out. I was in a hurry trying to copy paste on the ipad before work.

No worries man :smoker:

Had some down time this afternoon, so I fired up the MPC and knocked this quick beat up. I would like to go back at some point and finish it properly as its got a nice vibe to it. All chopped, produced, mixed and FXs done on the MPC2500.

By dez perado Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:49 pm
thanks salt yea these battles force you tou use samples you wouldn't necessarily have thought of using making you get better at it as we go
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:22 pm
saltmcgault wrote:I look at it as even though I may not get even 1 vote I still come out with a beat and some experience with ears on sampling, chopping and poo digit pad slappin.

Definitely in the right place to do that man and a plus one on what Dez Perado said about using samples you wouldn't normal sample yourself to use. It forces you out of your comfort zone and makes you think more outside the box of how you might flip it into a beat.
By dez perado Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:30 pm
dez perado wrote:thanks salt yea these battles force you to use samples you wouldn't necessarily have thought of using making you get better at it as we go
By saltmcgault Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:01 am

Man this Ian Gillian song is effin loaded with samples this was definitely a fun one to do!!! Good S$$t Mayhem!!