Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best track?

N/A
14%
14%
29%
43%
N/A
N/A
By pk1 Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:32 pm
Sounds like its going to be another good round..

Rules:
dont vote for self.
keep comments constructive
winner must PM me a sample and rules after vote ends!

Dez nyce

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

DC-N5S

[KappNeffect]

saltmcgault

IAKA.THE.PRODUCER

ChillinMusic

good luck fellas
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:05 pm
Really dope round, mad props to Mayhem for providing us with a dope sample to flip :smoker: Currently I've nailed it down to 2 maybe 3 that might get my vote, hopefully with a few more listens a winner will emerge.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:38 pm
Man this was a really dope round and a super tough one just to vote for only one entry :hmmm:

Dez nyce – Really loving this beat mate, a really jazzy smooth head bobbing surfing vibe you have going on. Top work with the drums and synth work on this flip, along with the bassline it really compliments your sample chop. Fantastic job man.

DC-N5S – Nice flip man, I’m loving the slow plodding along feeling that this track brings to the table. Really digging the drums and bassline on this flip, makes you sample chops stand out. Overall a really great job with this entry.

[KappNeffect] – Really nice beat mate, great work with the sample chops and drums dude. I’m also loving the change up halfway through, it give the whole track an adrenaline based kick in the throat with a lethal injection of dopeness. Really top job with the flip.

Saltmcgault – Really super top job with the flip man. Loving the drums on this as they really fit well with the sample chops. Superb job with the bass too mate and if I close my eyes really tight while listening to this I feel like I'm slowly free falling out of a plane. Stellar job!

IAKA.THE.PRODUCER – Really loving the spaced out vibe with this entry Iaka, really really dope atmospheric entry with a kind of trap vibe. It’s still not my cup a tea genre wise but maybe your get me into it one day, but it’s still really dope stuff.

ChillinMusic – It took me a while to adjust my ears as we flipped the same part (all I could hear in the beginning when I hit the play button was my entry) but I really enjoy the first half of the beat upto 1 minute and ten seconds in as it was hod nodding and very smooth then it just went a bit off track. In my opinion you over did the effects in the second part it sounded like your accidentally let a cat on the pads of your 4000 while in overdub mate.

Really wish I could vote for 3 tracks as Dez Nyce, KappNeffect and Saltmcgault were so dope this round but my one vote has to go to:

Saltmcgault

Congrats Dude :smoker:
By saltmcgault Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:52 pm
Like I've said in BB174 i hate only voting for one person. I like everybody's different styles. Everybody was really creative. It came down to 3 psych skitz deznyc both of your guys beats were catchy af! deznyc idk if that bass was the same notes you were using before :20 but something didn't sound right with it other than that shits dope af @ :20 on end. I went with skitz cuz i feel like he used a lot of effects and freaked the beat in the middle and plus with that boom bap i was sold. iaka you def have a trap style to your stuff I'm not a big fan of the 1/32 hi hat but everybody has a different style and honestly who gives a fu*k what i think or my opinion LOL DC-N5S i like the sample you took i used that part too i didn't know what to think of the the slowed down part though. regardless everybody did a good job i hope nobody takes my comments offensive. KapNeffect shit was dope i like that skeet skirt sound @ :32 lol was that part of the sample.. nice switch up too. I hate only voting for 1 find a determined humble lyricist to murder that sh$$t. Hows the 4000 treating you chilling? good round guys!!!!! you all should be happy with your production.
By Chillin Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:27 pm
saltmcgault wrote:Hows the 4000 treating you chilling.

Well, I have it for about a month now. It's great and complex. :hmmm: Luckily I do have experience with other MPC's, but it is still different in how it operates. I had to figure out a few things in the beginning, still don't know every detail of course, but I am on my way.

I am considering to cancel the MPC X preorder.
Last edited by Chillin on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Chillin Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:44 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:ChillinMusic – It took me a while to adjust my ears as we flipped the same part (all I could hear in the beginning when I hit the play button was my entry) but I really enjoy the first half of the beat upto 1 minute and ten seconds in as it was hod nodding and very smooth then it just went a bit off track. In my opinion you over did the effects in the second part it sounded like your accidentally let a cat on the pads of your 4000 while in overdub mate.

Thank for the feedback. It's weird because I didn't listen to all the entries, and I didn't know about your entry as well. I don't know if it is coincidence, but the drums did sound somewhat similar. :nod: The samples aren't the same I took different parts and put them together which made them sound like one piece. But controlling the device is still a learning process, as I have it only for a month now. The entire production was done in the 4000, including mixing. It was later exported into Logic. And where it went somewhat wrong was in the in-outputs, it didn't come out right as it was is in the 4000, via analog ports. I think optical-ports will give better results. But the Roland UA1610 Studio Capture doesn't have this option, so I'm thinking of selling this one and get me a new sound cart with optical in-outs (Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X Thunderbolt audio interface). It will make life easier.

Ps, my original song was a Drum n Bass, it was later changed to this one.
By pk1 Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:10 pm
http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/jTbPl0gr/file.html

Salt gave ma a sample last night. I was late for first appointment this morning so I forgot to get new thread going. Will get official up when I get home this after noon. Here is his sample for now.
By saltmcgault Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:55 pm
Reefer Madness wrote:Guess it´s offical now: Congratz Saltmcgault. On to the next one! Post us some samples and rules right here! Pk or Kapp will open a new thread. Greetz

just use must use some samples from track anything else goes! just make some bangers fellas!!
By saltmcgault Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:34 pm
Reefer Madness wrote:Guess it´s offical now: Congratz Saltmcgault. On to the next one! Post us some samples and rules right here! Pk or Kapp will open a new thread. Greetz

Thanks man! that was a really fun one to make! On to BB176 i think this one is going to be a little tougher to sample it will be for me anyways. I hope you all enjoy it and produce something LIT. Good luck to everyone. :)
By dez perado Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:46 am
congrats on the W. salt. gonna give your sample a listen when i get in front. of my computer. good luck on this next round my bruders.
By saltmcgault Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:34 am
dez perado wrote:congrats on the W. salt. gonna give your sample a listen when i get in front. of my computer. good luck on this next round my bruders.

Thanks G! That sample should be 11 minutes long i guess zippy share would only let me download 2mb or something. The sample is called "taking pelham 1,2,& 3 soundtrack" on youtube if somebody could rip that or whatever that would be cool.
By SmokeAndBeers Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:33 am
Hey I was just signing up for the forum after I saw you guys were still doing the battles. And I was able to record the youtube suite of the sample and upload it to zippy for everyone since the first one got cut off. Here's the link: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/sB4Q4ZmX/file.html It's a 16 bit wav file. Hope that will work for everyone. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's tracks. Now I'll have to create a soundcloud haha.
By saltmcgault Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:19 am
:worthy: :worthy:
SmokeAndBeers wrote:Hey I was just signing up for the forum after I saw you guys were still doing the battles. And I was able to record the youtube suite of the sample and upload it to zippy for everyone since the first one got cut off. Here's the link: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/sB4Q4ZmX/file.html It's a 16 bit wav file. Hope that will work for everyone. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's tracks. Now I'll have to create a soundcloud haha.

:worthy: