Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:44 pm
Busy week again. I don't think I'm going to be able to get down this week. Nice sample too.
By IAKA.Beats Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:08 pm

good luck yall, keep em coming :)

IAKATHEPRODUCER
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm
Here's my entry for this weeks battle all done on the 2500 again (really must dust the 1000 off for a beat battle track one week) the horns which were sampled from the Jack Bruce track - Born To Be Blue which your probably instantly recognise as sampled and used in The Artifacts track - Wrong Side Of The Tracks :smoker:

Look forward to checking everyone entries out :smoker:
By saltmcgault Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:56 pm
i haven't even started on this piece yet. i will have it submitted by midnight C/T
get your popcorn ready..... :popcorn: LOL
By bearhead Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:18 am
Definitely getting some 70s cop show theme vibes from this section of the sample.

By 574X Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:06 am
Gonna be fun to check out the beats this week. :popcorn:
I'm back, turn down the volume :lol:
By SmokeAndBeers Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:16 am
Not sure why mine is so quiet. I"m not too familiar with optimizing for soundcloud and I hardly did any mixing so hope its a little louder next battle haha.
By saltmcgault Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:34 pm
SmokeAndBeers wrote:Not sure why mine is so quiet. I"m not too familiar with optimizing for soundcloud and I hardly did any mixing so hope its a little louder next battle haha.

you have a daw eie ableton, pro tools, etc.?
i'm not sure how you record your beats on the mpc. but if you use like 1 or more sequences with drums on individual tracks and samples on individual tracks try turning up the sample tracks volume all the way up to 200 and see how that sounds then adjust the track volumes with the separate drums if/where needed. that may help.
By SmokeAndBeers Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:22 pm
Yeah I didn't put any kind of limiter or anything on it either and used no compression at all on anything so I'm sure that also has something to do with it. It was kind of a rush job so I'll try to take a little more time in the future. I'm definitely going to go back into this and work on it more from arrangement to the mix at some point. And gotta get some high end in there that I lost from filtering the hi hats out of the sample. I'm new to posting stuff online so it will be a learning process. Mostly I just make something, do nothing with it, and then rinse and repeat haha.
By saltmcgault Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:19 pm
SmokeAndBeers wrote:Yeah I didn't put any kind of limiter or anything on it either and used no compression at all on anything so I'm sure that also has something to do with it. It was kind of a rush job so I'll try to take a little more time in the future. I'm definitely going to go back into this and work on it more from arrangement to the mix at some point. And gotta get some high end in there that I lost from filtering the hi hats out of the sample. I'm new to posting stuff online so it will be a learning process. Mostly I just make something, do nothing with it, and then rinse and repeat haha.

that's what this section is all about learning, trying new things,and progressing!! I used to do the same thing make stuff for nothing. I figured I got like 6k worth of equipment and ill die someday but the beats I make wont, so I need to start organizing and saving and pierce the world's ear drums with my boom bap trash :lol: if you learn how to track out your beats in the DAW you are using you can eq those to what you think sounds right. until then just tracking the out the tracks with in the sequence and changing the volume on different tracks help a lot! There are some pretty kick butt tracks for this round. I got side tracked last night. I'm going to finish something because I was going to use this regardless. I will post later this weekend but not for entry just wanna throw a banger in here. lol good luck to everybody and get a non-diva rapper to wax those beats yall got!!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:43 pm
SmokeAndBeers wrote:Not sure why mine is so quiet. I"m not too familiar with optimizing for soundcloud and I hardly did any mixing so hope its a little louder next battle haha.

Maybe check your MPC Master level I sometimes change it to -12db when I working late at night/early hours of the morning on a beat so it not pounding out on the monitors waking up the Mrs and disturbing the neighbours. Sometimes I forget to change it back to and wonder why my beat is quiet.
By Chillin Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:44 am

It's important to explain what gear you're using, otherwise it's hard for people to help you out.
By 574X Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 am
That mix sounds great to me, man. I could talk about mastering for loudness all day but I get shit for destroying my masters all the time. :lol:

There's plenty of mastering tips on the internet you can try out. Checking your track against some songs you like is prob going to give you a better idea of where you want to go than anything I could say. :smoker: